Meet WELLWVU Communcations and Marketing Manager, Chris Roberts!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Title and work responsibilities:

“Communications and Marketing Manager for WELLWVU Office of Wellness and Health Promotion. Responsible for developing social marketing and social media strategies to communicate health and wellness themes that will lead to behavior change among the college aged population. Manage all areas of media including web site management, earned media, social media, video and photography production, among other responsibilities.”

Undergrad degree: 

Marshall University in Sports Management and Marketing

What do you enjoy about your job?

“I really enjoy working with students and developing social marketing campaigns that informs them on how to live a healthier lifestyle. Health and well-being are often overlooked by college students, but learning habits young will impact how they feel years from now. Working with social media is another factor I love about my job. Students get a lot of their information from Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, so having the skills to be able to communicate with them via those channels is invaluable.”

What do you hope to teach students about WELLWVU and the skills it provides?

“We hope that students leave WVU knowing how to implement all they have learned on how to live a healthy and well lifestyle. Being well doesn’t mean just eating right or working out, it’s a comprehensive approach to well-being. Knowing how sleep affects your student schedule and how to reduce stress in your life are important things that we hope every student will learn through WELLWVU. We have plenty of resources here at WELLWVU to help students throughout their college career and hope they will be able to utilize them. It isn’t just a place to go when you get sick, but we are here to help you learn how to be healthy so you don’t get sick in the first place.”

Hobbies/Interests:

“Personally I enjoy anything outdoors. I love hiking, biking, kayaking, running, volunteering, and especially traveling. Traveling is one of my biggest passions in life, and I’m always up for finding an excuse to road trip. I am interested in social media as well, and how to use it in marketing.”

Rachel is a junior at West Virginia University and a direct-admit to the P.I. Reed School of Journalism, majoring in public relations with a minor in dance. She is the treasurer of the WVU chapter of Public Relations Student Society of America and a member of the WVU Dance Ensemble. Rachel is currently an intern with the Morgantown Area Chamber of Commerce, where she single-handedly designs, writes and edits the monthly newsletter. She also works part-time at Guess. Writing, dancing and fashion are all passions of Rachel’s. In her free time, she enjoys getting coffee, shopping (especially for high heels and dresses), tanning, sushi, reading, listening to music and being a closet movie buff. Rachel’s hometown is Pittsburgh, PA, where she hopes to return to live and work someday at a public relations agency.