Make Your Friends Green with Envy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Although West Virginia has been blistering with its random heat wave this past week, signs and smells of fall are still in the air. It may be a warmer start to fall than anticipated but that does not mean you should not be rocking those to-die-for fall trends… especially color! 

You may be aware of Pantone’s 2013 ‘Color Of The Year’ Emerald, but little did we know that two new shades of green are the hottest colors for this fall season. So what are the two colors we should look out for and how can we rock this season’s color wheel? The most seen color for this fall and a shade of Emerald is deep lichen green, a mixture between a khaki and olive green color. Influenced by the military styles prevalently seen in designers Michael Kors, Marc Jacobs, Charlotte Ronson, and Rebecca Minkoff’s Fall 2013 New York Fashion Week, deep lichen green has aspired to be the color of the season. A perfect way to wear this color is with a pair of combat boots, oversized camouflage sweaters and a pair of khaki pants that you can find cheap and affordable at any retail location. 

But deep lichen green is not the only shade to look out for this fall. Another popular shade that will be seen a lot is Linden Green. The perfect autumn color that is more subdued than lime but brighter than an olive will be seen in all designers apparel this season. It can be worn with practically every color to bring brightness into your wardrobe! The perfect way to wear this color would be to mix it with deeper hues of greens, navy, and browns in any piece of clothing.

No worries if green is not your fall color choice and you are afraid to rock this seasonal trend because the fall 2013 color palette also includes colors such as Mykonos Blue, Samba Red, Carafe Brown, Koi Orange, Vivacious Pink, Turbulence Gray, and Acai Purple. You can still turn heads and make friends jealous with your expertise in color trends this season. So which color are you excited to rock this fall?

Fashion Merchandising major with a minor in Business Administration Senior at West Virginia University From Pittsburgh PA