This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

When I’m bored I love going on sites like StumbleUpon. I never got into the Pinterest craze, but I’m sure many of you have. Some of my favorite things to come across while searching the web are DIY projects. That’s “do it your self” for those who might not be sure. It’s really neat to see all the things you can do from home, or a
dorm, that are simple, easy and affordable. When I moved into my new apartment, my bed didn’t have a headboard, which wasn’t a big deal, but my wall looked really bare. My mom and I had the idea to use tape on my walls and stick on wall decals to make one. We went to Wal-Mart and got some pink, glitter, removable tape. I already had the wall decals that also matched by bed so we got to work and it turned out pretty cool.

We all have tons of old t-shirts that we don’t really wear anymore, or ones we might have gotten for free, especially being college students. Why not try this new way to cut up one of those old ones
to make a fun new one you will actually wear. This model is trendy and can be worn in the summer by itself or in the winter with a blazer. (Found on BuzzFeed SHIFT)

If you’re just interested in looking around for some cool ideas for hair, makeup, crafts and décor ideas, check out one of my favorite websites Oh So Pretty the Diaries: The DIY. Whatever you want to do I can almost guarantee there is a website that will show you how to do it on a budget and how to make it unique. So go on and get crafty!

Tori is a senior at West Virginia University. She majors in Advertising and aspires to work in a big advertising agency after graduation. Tori was both Social Chair and Public Relations Chair for her sorority, Kappa Kappa Gamma. She enjoys being involved in different organizations at WVU. Originally from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Tori was born and raised a Mountaineer. She loves to hang out with friends and be social. Tori would describe herself as outgoing, passionate, and motivated.