DealsWV: Morgantown’s First Social Coupon System

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

You may have heard of web sites such as Groupon and LivingSocial that offer discounts on local businesses, but have you heard of a web site that is social and interactive in Morgantown? Well if you haven’t, Inneraction Media (located on High Street) is launching a new coupon system called DealsWV that features new coupons for different businesses each month.

This website will allow you to share and enjoy the best deals Morgantown has ever seen. Instead of remembering to take paper coupons with you everywhere you go, you can pull up the coupon on your smart phone and simply use it. It’s easy, free, and fun to use. The goal of this system is to bring more business to companies, and to bring better deals to customers.

This interactive coupon system will be launched on Wednesday, February 1. Along with the launch of DealsWV, Inneraction Media is throwing a launch party at their office space from 12:30 p.m.-2:00 p.m., located above Lira restaurant, for the public to come out, browse the coupons and have a good time. There will be activities, refreshments and Papa John’s is providing pizza. Inneraction Media encourages the public to witness the beginning of DealsWV, a system that will benefit both consumers and local businesses.

For a sneak preview, visit DealsWV.com to see some of the businesses that are participating in the system. Lira, for example, is providing coupons for “buy one get one” glasses of wine and free appetizers. Another company, Virtuosity Salon is providing a coupon for 50% a spray tan session. Along with Lira and Virtuosity Salon, there will be deals for cafés, photographers, fitness centers, and local shops and restaurants.

Come out and support DealsWV at the launch party, and be sure to take advantage of the system starting on February 1st, 2012! 

Tori is a senior at West Virginia University. She majors in Advertising and aspires to work in a big advertising agency after graduation. Tori was both Social Chair and Public Relations Chair for her sorority, Kappa Kappa Gamma. She enjoys being involved in different organizations at WVU. Originally from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Tori was born and raised a Mountaineer. She loves to hang out with friends and be social. Tori would describe herself as outgoing, passionate, and motivated.
Rachel is a junior at West Virginia University and a direct-admit to the P.I. Reed School of Journalism, majoring in public relations with a minor in dance. She is the treasurer of the WVU chapter of Public Relations Student Society of America and a member of the WVU Dance Ensemble. Rachel is currently an intern with the Morgantown Area Chamber of Commerce, where she single-handedly designs, writes and edits the monthly newsletter. She also works part-time at Guess. Writing, dancing and fashion are all passions of Rachel’s. In her free time, she enjoys getting coffee, shopping (especially for high heels and dresses), tanning, sushi, reading, listening to music and being a closet movie buff. Rachel’s hometown is Pittsburgh, PA, where she hopes to return to live and work someday at a public relations agency.