This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Name: Chris Kennedy

Major: Double major in Biology and Psychology.

Year: Senior

Future Plans: To go to Med. School and get his doctorate in Pediatric Neurology

Every day is non-stop for Chris Kennedy. With his full time work load at school, volunteering for the Ronald McDonald house, and playing in a men’s soccer league he has something to do pretty much every hour of the day it seems like. And somehow he manages to also be the President of The National Society for Leadership and Success. This society is aimed at making its members great leaders and gives them the tools to be successful in life. As we talked about his interests and life in general, he had a lot of wonderful things to say about the Society and what he has offered to it. Chris had originally applied for another position on the Board for the Society but was offered the Presidency, which he greatly accepted. He told me he accepted because there were things he wanted to improve on like community service among other things. Since he had experience in the field he thought it was something that would come naturally to him. Talking and getting to know people is one of his best qualities. He stressed that one of the main goals, as President for him was to get to know everyone in the Society on a personal level and help them with anything he can. At any meeting you can see Chris greeting members at the door and starting up a conversation before getting started with the Agenda. He enjoys being the President because he gets to help people network and likes to help people reach their goals. Chris is constantly going out of his way to members of the Society among others, to help them in any way he can. From applying and learning about the GRE’s to having lunch and enjoying conversations with people he does it all. The one thing he stressed to me was that he wanted members of The Society and everyone he talked to, to gain confidence in themselves. He stated that he like to encourage people to listen and believe in themselves and not always take the easy way out of things. Something that I believe says a lot about him was when he told me, “If I’m not helping, I’m wasting your time.” So if you see him around campus stop and talk to him, I’m sure he will be very interested in whatever you have to say. 

Becca is a junior from Collegeville, Pennsylvania. She attends West Virginia University where she is pursing a major in Advertising and minors in Business and Communications. She is involved in the Martin-Hall Agency, which is the advertising club for the University. She is currently interning as an American Eagle Campus Representative for WVU, where she works with two other girls to promote the brand on campus. In her spare time, she loves to shop, read, play field hockey and, of course, eat. Living right outside of Philly her whole life, she can’t resist a good cheesesteak and an awesome Phillies game. She looks forward to graduating college and finding a job working at a large advertising firm in either Pittsburgh or back home in Philly.