7 Problems Girls with Curly Hair Face

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

1. Can’t Touch This

It’s an immediate reaction from friends, relatives, even strangers (aca-awkward) to want to touch our hair. What they don’t understand is this only results in a mess of frizz- which leads us to our second problem

2. Frizz

Regardless of the many (MANY) products that claim that they eliminate frizz, somehow we still end up with a head full of it. 

3.Round Brushes. Enough Said.

4.Styling your hair the exact same way every day, yet always getting different results. 

Curly hair has a mind of its own. You know that totally cute half-up hair style you had yesterday? Not happening today. 

5.Washing your hair at night is out of the question.

Sleeping on curly hair might be one of the worst ideas ever. Not only does it make your hair extra frizzy, but it makes it downright wild. Talk about a hot mess. 

6.Always being at the mercy of the weather. 

Rain can turn those twenty minutes that we spent straightening our hair into a complete waste in about ten seconds flat. Don’t even get me started on humidity. 

7.Tangles. 

Ouch. 

We all have a love- hate relationship with our curly hair. In the end, realize that you have b-e-a-u-tiful hair and embrace it. Use these simple tips to keep your curly hair healthy and looking its best:

• Do not touch your hair at all. The oils from our skin will cause frizz. 
  • Instead of towel-drying your hair, diffuse dry it upside-down with an attachment on your blow dryer. 
  • Do not use too many products. 
  • Wash your hair in the morning, rather than at night. 
  • Use a wide-tooth comb instead of a brush to avoid breakage. 
  • Use a curling wand to clean up frizzy pieces. Wrap a small section of hair around the barrel for no more than five seconds. 
  • For soft, natural, beachy curls use a texturizing sea salt spray.