This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

25 reasons why these 25 days are the best!

1. A few weeks off from class – Praise!

2. Hanging out with Family.  After months of being apart from each other it’s nice to get together and hang out.. that is until the siblings start to pick on each other.

3. Snow, snow… and more snow

4. Countdown to Christmas… Because who doesn’t look forward to cuddling up on your couch with tons of blanket, some eggnog and watching Elf, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and The Santa Clause Movies every night until Christmas?

5. Christmas, Hanukah or whatever other holiday you might celebrate

6. Building Snowmen

7. Shopping for a New Years Eve Dress. The one night of the year to wear head to toe sequence and not look like a walking disco ball. 

8. New Years Eve, the last day before you attempt to start fulfilling those New Years resolutions you promised yourself you would start way back in 2010 that has continued on from one year to the next.

9. Festive Foods

10. Festive Drinks

11. Oversized clothes – winter is definitely the most cozy time of the year

12. Chopping Down the Christmas Tree

13. Decorating your house – Who doesn’t love their house twinkling for Christmas time.  

14. Traveling – whether or not there’s your whole family, your grandma, your luggage, and all the grumpiness that gets stuffed into one car for a 11 hour commute it’s definitely still worth it once you step out of your car and are in New York City or where ever else your travels take you.  

15. All the sales going on after the holiday’s are over.  Shop ‘til you drop!

16. Making a gingerbread house – make sure it’s out of reach from your dog… speaking from experience. 

17. Sledding and the hot chocolate afterwards – Need to say more?

18. Secret Santa or swapping presents with friends – Instead of buying all 15 of your friends presents organize a secret santa and that way you’ll only have to buy one.. and maybe a few others on the side for your closest friends.

19. Santa Claus and his herd of reindeer making a stop at your house.

20. The start of Bowl Games – Let’s Goooo Mountaineers!

21. College Basketball

22. Christmas Carols – even though it might be annoying, you have to admit those Christmas Carolers have GREAT Christmas spirit.  Never forget.. “the best way to spread Christmas Cheer is singing loud for all to hear.” 

23. Your town being decorated in bright twinkly lights.

24. No more tests or studying! – Even though I already mentioned Christmas Break I think it needs to be reiterated how awesome this is.  This also means that as college students we can all finally catch up on much needed sleep and get rid of those bags under our eyes. 

25. Family Traditions – Whether it be watching home videos, baking cookies for friends or homeless shelters or taking time to do good work; Family Traditions are special, no matter how old you are keep up with them and carry them from generation to generation.  It makes for special Holiday nights. 

I grew up in Charleston, West Virginia. Growing up here I knew there was a possibility of going to West Virginia University my entire life. Although I decided to start my college career at the University of Kentucky, those country roads led me back to WVU in the spring of my sophomore year. This was also the point when I decided to establish myself as a Broadcast Journalist student. Since this point I have strived to become the best possible journalist I can be. I am currently working as a weekend reporter for WDTV-Channel 5 in Clarksburg, West Virginia. Prior to receiving this position, I worked as an intern with WCHS-tv/FOX11, in the summer of 2014, where I learned critical editing, interviewing, writing, and speaking skills. I worked closely with anchors, reporters, editors, directors, producers, and even the web team. Aside from the television industry, I am the Campus Correspondent for the West Virginia University Chapter of the online entertainment magazine, Her Campus. Another position I currently hold is the Social Media Chair of WVU’s Radio Television Digital News Association Chapter. In the Fall of 2012, I became a sister of the Alpha Phi Fraternity, in which I held the position of ‘Big Sister Chairman.’ My other passions include horse back riding, scuba diving, being outdoors, and running. I am very adventurous and I try to stay well rounded. My goal in life is to live life to the fullest and be the best possible version of myself. My ultimate goal would be to earn a spot as a reporter/anchor for Fox News, New York. I plan to graduate in December of 2016 and look forward to my future.