How to Get ‘His’ Attention

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Collegiettes, I have scoured the WPUNJ campus and asked eleven very hot guys that highly-debated question: “What can a girl do to get your attention?” I got a variety of answers; some are cute tricks, some can give off a bad impression, but some are, most importantly, very helpful. So take notes, girls. We are about to get the men of our dreams.

1.     Be Bold!

All of the guys said to introduce yourself first. They want you to make the first move. (Some even suggested giving them your phone number but who really wants to be a victim of “Call Me Maybe;” do this if you’re extra-bold!)

2.     Eye Contact, Baby!

Don’t be a creeper and stare the entire class, but do subtly make eye contact with him. Once your eyes meet, don’t be shy; throw in a smile instead of looking away immediately.

3.     Laugh at his jokes.

This will not only show him you are clever but also interested. If you’re daring, crack your own joke to make him laugh.

Source: LOL

4.     Dress to Impress.

Especially in this cold weather, we are addicted to yoga pants and Uggs. But on those special days when you wake up feeling like a rock star, dress up! Spend a little more time on your hair, and he will spend a little more time thinking about you.

Source: Puppy

5.     Sit next to him!

This makes everything above easier to do.

6.     Wink.

Practice makes perfect! Guys loved this flirty trick.

Source: ;)

7.     Dropping a pencil is like dropping a major hint.

If he picks your pencil up for you, you’ll have the chance to start a conversation (and you’ll know he’s a total gentleman). If he doesn’t pick it up, then show off your killer legs and pick it up yourself. He will be upset he missed his opportunity.

8.     Ask for help but don’t play dumb. (Or, conversely, play smart.)

If you’ve got the brains, don’t be afraid to show it. Offer to help him with his homework. And if you don’t understand anything going on in class (because you have been day-dreaming about him), ask him for help. Some one-on-one tutor time is a good chance to get to know him a little better.

9.     If you are afraid to start a conversation then borrow something from him.

A pencil, pen, paper, whatever it is, it will give you the perfect opportunity to spark up a conversation with him. And you’ll have to talk to each other again when it comes time to return.

10. Finally, bump into him on purpose and crack a smile.

It’s the oldest trick in the book, but our sources recommended it. Give it a shot.

Now that you’ve got the tips and tricks you’ll need, we’ve got one last piece of advice: Go get him, girl!

My name is Lauren Marvin and I am on exchange from New Mexico. I love to write and I am very passionate about unbiased, truthful journalism. My favorite part of my day is choosing what personality my clothes should portray. I spend most of my free time watching the news, Pinterest or at the gym and subsequently eating what I just burned off. I love a challenge and I am determined to succeed at whatever I am faced with. 
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"