Christine Soriano ’14: WPUNJ’s Singing Sensation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Name: Christine Soriano

Major: Popular Music Studies

Hometown: Fort Lee, NJ

Involvement at WPUNJ: Student Ambassador & Filipino Club

Hobbies: Basketball, soccer and softball.  She also loves to longboard!

Dream Job: Aspiring Singer

Fun Fact: Winner of a Filipino Pageant in the Spring of 2010  

Christine is a familiar face around William Paterson’s campus.  She is known for being extremely enthusiastic and friendly, which is why her peers love her.  Whether she is educating prospective high school students on campus tours all decked out in cheetah print or performing new music for vast audiences, she is an ambitiously engaged member of the WPUNJ community. 

As a music major, Christine has expressed her passion for singing through her Youth Band at her Church, with her Worship Team in WPUNJ’s Christian Fellowship Club and through various performances including sporting events and Filipino-American or other multicultural events.  Christine recalls her biggest accomplishment being her New York City debut singing Soprano at Carnegie Hall.  She says, “It’s not everyday someone sings at Carnegie Hall. I know I’m blessed and there will definitely be more opportunities to express myself through my songs in bigger, better places… Possibly tour? Who knows!”

Christine has written her own original pieces and continues to write more songs for future use.  You can see her sing covers of popular songs, performing, or jamming out on the guitar, piano, ukulele or drums on her Youtube Channel that has over 130,000 views!! 

With her contagious smile, warm heart and eagerness to succeed, Christine is a noteworthy celebrity at WPUNJ that will undoubtedly achieve greatness in the near future!

Check her out! 

Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube 

Jenna is the Co-Founder, President and Social Media & Events Director of the WPUNJ branch of Her Campus.  She is a senior Marketing major with a minor in Public Relations.  In the fall 2014 semester, she interned with In Touch, Life & Style and Closer Weekly at Bauer Publishing in the public relations department.  In the spring 2015 semester, she is interning with Jaguar Land Rover North America in the network development department.  She is the Student Representative for the PR & Marketing Committee of WPUNJ, a MTV Trendspotter for MTV Insights and blogger of collegiate advice.  She is a member of Beta Gamma Sigma and Lambda Pi Eta honor societies, and will graduate Magna Cum Laude.  Previously, Jenna worked as a Student Ambassador and Tour Coordinator in the Admissions Office at WPUNJ, was a member of the Student Public Relations Association (SPRA) and was a publicity intern for Kim "Kim D" DePaola, owner of POSCHE Boutique in Wayne, NJ, who is featured on the Real Housewives of New Jersey.  Jenna's interests include dancing, shopping and hanging out with friends.  She loves everything pink and Britney Spears!