5 Parties You’ll Attend During Your College Career

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

1. The Sausage Fest

This is self-explanatory. The guy-to-girl ratio is about 67:3 and there’s the smell of awkward in the air. Now there are two sides to this story: for girls it could either be a really uncomfortable situation, or it could be like being able to finally buy all your wish list items from Amazon. Guys get the short end of the stick, promised a raging party with tons of college chicks but ending up with cramped quarters and testosterone galore.  Girls, decide how you want to approach this, but remember to have fun!

2. The Frat Party

Ah, the frat party. This is probably the most common of parties you’ll attend. Let’s set the scene: a dirty basement with muddy floors fit for farm pigs, the occasional plank of wood made pong table, one keg in the back so people get gipped, and lots of jungle juice. You’ve got your occasional strobe lights and musical selection as well, but these parties are a blast. Between the dancing and your stereotypical frat boy, you’re guaranteed to have a good time.

3. The Banger-Turned-Hangout

You get the last minute call for a total rager, and you’re stoked. You have your girls come over, you get ready, and pregame like there’s no tomorrow. For the past week people have been buzzing about it so you can’t wait! Queue the SpongeBob sign for three hours later and you walk through the doors to this party and see fewer people than expected, like a lot fewer. There’s not even a crowd you have to get through to get to the keg. You’ve got hope that maybe it’ll pick up, but two hours later you find about ten people on the dance floor and the pong table open, which never happens. Collegiettes, you should probably leave now.

4. The House Party

Think of Mean Girls and the scene where Cady Heron’s mom finds her Ferility Vase of the Ndebele Tribe under the sink. We’re talking people actually living here, not vacant frat rooms, and these are pretty interesting. This is more of a BYOB setting because kegs in the middle of living rooms aren’t the best décor. Upstairs rooms are off-limits but some people decide to ahem, break those rules. There are usually more rules and involve a smaller group of people so the house doesn’t get obliterated.

5. The Themed Party

It could be the holidays, or it could just be a regular night. These parties require a lot of creativity but make some of the best memories. ABC’s, Halloween, toga, and much more! These parties make it a lot easier to introduce yourself to others and can gain you a couple new friends!

Sources

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

Photo 5

Samantha is a Junior and the president of Her Campus WPUNJ at William Paterson University in Wayne, New Jersey. She prefers the nickname Sam and is majoring in Public Relations with a minor in Visual Communication. She lives in Central Jersey and lives for the New York Rangers. She loves the outdoors and all things entomology, especially butterflies. When she's not catching up on her favorite Netflix shows she's either working out at the Rec, writing up a spicy new piece for Her Campus, or watching hockey. But most importantly, the way to her heart is some delicious sushi!
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"