This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Giving genuine compliments….

I cannot begin to express how important this is. When I have been complimented by a female I did not know in the hallway or in the dining hall, it has made my day. I remember just a week ago when a young woman complimented my purple bomber while we were in the elevator together. I did not know her. She did not have to say anything, but it brought such a warm feeling to me, and I am glad she did. 

Being there for other women….

Have you ever seen another female crying in a public bathroom? Maybe in school or in a store? Have you ever gone up to them? I have. I did not remember I did until this past September when a girl that I went to high school and now college with told me drunkingly at a frat party. She told me how she was bullied a lot in middle school and had ended up in the bathroom crying one day. I apparently came in and saw. I instinctly sat by her side. Did I know her well? Not really, she was on my school bus, but that was about it. I comforted her. Now this girl is my “big,” and I am her “little”. Little things make big differences.

Us women are already brought down by men, why should we tear each other apart?

President and Campus Correspondent of the William Paterson University Her Campus chapter. Majoring in communications with a concentration in media studies and a minor in public relations. Chocolate milk lover, sorority girl, and Disney enthusiast.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"