Newest WMU Twitter Obsession

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WMU chapter.

What’s the WMU students’ latest obsession? The new account on Twitter called WMU Confessions. The account was created recently and has since gained so many followers it’s unreal. If you don’t have a Twitter, you definitely need to get one, just so you can follow this account and be entertained from their very first tweet to the most recent one that they put up.

Whoever created this account is a genius. It is very entertaining, for both the people that read the tweets on it and for the people that decide to submit their confessions for others to read. I find myself constantly checking Twitter when I’m bored, and sometimes when I’m not, just to read the latest stuff that is posted onto this account.

Confessions range from drunken shenanigans in Fratville to various pranks that people pull on their friends, roommates, professors etc. Some of the tweets that are posted are rather raunchy, but they are nonetheless funny and you will find yourself laughing out loud at the stuff that Western’s students have been up to since they became students at the university.

A couple days ago, this account had 200 to 300 followers. Now, they have over 2,000 and that number just keeps increasing as more confessions are posted. Even on my own Twitter, I find people constantly talking about this account and telling people to follow it.

The best thing about this account, other than the fact that it is absolutely hilarious, is the fact that they keep all confessions anonymous. You can click on the link on their page, submit a confession and no one will ever know that you are the one that submitted it, unless you tell them of course. Setting the account up this way made people more likely to submit things. I have submitted a few confessions myself and was surprised at the feedback that some of them got. Submitting your own is just as fun as reading about other people.

If you haven’t taken a look at this account, I definitely recommend that you do! You will find yourself laughing out loud quite a bit and being surprised at some of the stuff that people have done or the things that people have said they want to do before they graduate from WMU. 

There is also a WMU Confessions Facebook page!

Katie King is a senior at Western Michigan University majoring in journalism and minoring in anthropology and gender and women's studies. This will be her second year writing for HerCampus and before that she wrote for the Western Herald. She also wrote for L7 women's magazine in the summer of 2012. In her spare time Katie likes to hang out with friends, watch reruns of old shows and talk about why Chicago is better than Michigan. When she graduates she hopes to move to New York with her tabby cat, Ellie and write for a fashion magazine. However, she changes her mind quite often so who knows where she will end up!