Meet Mr. WMU Freshman: Riley Noonan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WMU chapter.

Please support your fellow Broncos by voting for Riley, Mr. WMU Freshman in Her Campus.com’s national contest. The contest will run for the rest of the week at http://www.hercampus.com/dormlife/mr-campus-freshman-2013-national-competition-sponsored-scout-bungalow?page=9

Name: Riley Noonan

Hometown:
Owosso, Michigan

Potential Major:
Communications/Creative Writing. Potentially.

Career Ambition:

I’ve always wanted to be a filmmaker. I’ve been writing and making comedy videos with my friends for a long time and if I could have the opportunity to turn it all into real work, that would be incredible. There really isn’t much else I can picture myself doing.

If you could be a superhero what would you be and what powers would you possess?

The story of Peter Parker is the most relatable superhero story I’ve ever read. He faces a lot of heartbreaking situations in balancing Spiderman duties with regular life expectations. But if I could tweak it, I would add invisibility.

What’s one of the craziest things you’ve done since being at WMU?

Going on one too many trips to Babyland.

Finish these sentences…

WMU Girls are the best because…
they are so incredibly diverse. There seems to be someone for everyone here, and I am not saying that in a “boyfriend/girlfriend” way, necessarily, but just casually. You know what I mean?

You can have a conversation with a girl here whom you are expecting to not have anything in common with, and you’ll hit a point where it’s just natural and fun and free. I feel, though, that that can be applied to girls of all places. How about I just go with…because they’re awesome.

The first thing I think when I wake up in the morning is…look at that sun!

I think it’s sexy when girls wear
…turtlenecks.

If I were given a million dollars and told I had to spend it by tomorrow, I would…give half of it to charity Water, a truly worthy cause that outweighs the cliche of answering a question like this by namedropping a charity. But wait! There’s more. I would pay back everyone I’ve borrowed money from, get some new books and albums, and fund myself a roadtrip. All in one day.

What’s a good boyfriend? Are you one?

A good boyfriend varies. We’re not all looking for the same traits in people, but I am sure it’s a mutual agreement that a boyfriend should be reliable and honest, and have a good sense of humor about things. And as long as you share that spark of comfort and spontaneity with each other, you’re golden. When I am in a relationship, I try my best. It’s teamwork.

Favorite cheesy pick up line?
Hey that looks nice.

Why should we pick you as Mr. Campus Freshman?
I honestly don’t know much behind “Mr. Campus Freshman”, but that title alone deserves to be plastered across this face. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have some comic books to read.