This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WMU chapter.

Name: Garret Pearson

Age: 21 years old

Major: Interdisciplinary Health Services, but I plan to go to graduate school at Western Michigan University for Occupational Therapy. 

Involvement on campus: Honestly, I don’t do much around campus, but I work at Valley 2 Dining. 

Hobbies: I like to play hockey, hang out with friends and fish. 

What type of girl do you like? I like a girl who has a good sense of humor, is outgoing and confident. 

What is a perfect first date? On the first date, we would do something exciting like Go-karts or go to a Red Wings game. 

What restaurant do you avoid on the first date? I would avoid places I’ve been to because I like to try new things.

What was the worst date you have ever had? A girl I barely knew asked me to go to her prom and we didn’t go in a group. She spilled food on herself at dinner and was super shy. I felt like I had to ramble on so there wasn’t silence. 

What is the best way to approach girls? When approaching girls, I try to be as confident as possible even if I’m not and try to make them laugh. I’ve been told I have a good wink too. 

Blonde, Brunette, Red Head? Both Blonds and Brunettes. 

Best pickup line? I’ll ask a girl if she knows what kind of material my shirt is and then have her touch it. When she has no clue, I say “its boyfriend material”. 

Biggest turn off? when girls wear way to much make up. 

Biggest turn on? A pretty smile with a great personality. 

Perfect SB Getaway? Any cruise to the Virgin Islands or Bahamas. 

Best Memory at WMU? Freshman year, waking up the next morning and finding a full sized BBQ grill in our shower with no memory of getting it into the building.

Katie King is a senior at Western Michigan University majoring in journalism and minoring in anthropology and gender and women's studies. This will be her second year writing for HerCampus and before that she wrote for the Western Herald. She also wrote for L7 women's magazine in the summer of 2012. In her spare time Katie likes to hang out with friends, watch reruns of old shows and talk about why Chicago is better than Michigan. When she graduates she hopes to move to New York with her tabby cat, Ellie and write for a fashion magazine. However, she changes her mind quite often so who knows where she will end up!