Christina Newman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WMU chapter.
Campus Celebrity Christina Newman

How old are you? 20

What is your major(s)? – Speech Pathology & Audiology and Spanish

Minor(s)? Psychology

Where is your hometown? Clio, MI

How are you involved on campus? Director of External Communications for the Residence Hall Association, member of NRHH, WSA member, member of Alpha Lambda Delta Honors Society, member of the Lee Honors College and Honors Student Association, Fall Welcome Ambassador 2010 and Student Legacy Campaign.

Do you have any pets? I have a dog named Nikki and a cat named ‘Homie-G’

What would you do if you had a time machine? I would go back to the ’50s. I love the music and dancing!

When you were 8 years old what did you want to be when you grew up? With all my heart and soul I wanted to be a veterinarian.

What is your dream job now? Working in a pediatric rehabilitation center with kids with autistic behaviors.

Would you rather never be able to see again or never be able to hear again? I’d rather not be able to see. I can’t imagine living without music in my life.

What is your relationship status? Haha Single and lovin’ it.

What is the weirdest thing we would find inside your fridge? Haha it is literally stock piled with apple juices, water and m&ms (regular and peanut butter flavors)

What is your favorite thing about WMU? The people! They’re so enthusiastic about our university. I also can’t get over all the opportunities there are here to get involved. Never a dull moment!

Favorite vacation? Hm hopefully soon my answer will be Costa Rica (studying abroad this summer) but for now I will have to say driving out west with the family to Arizona and Colorado and hitting every tourist attraction on the way.

Who is your biggest celebrity crush? Taylor Lautner (guilty) and Channing Tatum

What are your three greatest characteristics? ENTHUSIASM, determination and dedication.