How To Have a Cheap Valentine’s Day in Williamsburg

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Image from Good Free Photos

Let’s face it – Valentine’s Day and broke college students are not the best mix. Here are some of the best ways to spend your Valentine’s Day around Williamsburg, whether with your significant other, friends (Galentine’s Day, anyone?), or to pamper yourself!

Image from Giphy

If You Have $30

For only $12 per person (plus skate rentals), you can head to the ice rink in CW and spend the night skating (or falling!) under the lights. Buy a hot chocolate from the bookstore to warm up for an extra fun night!

Image from Giphy

If You Have $20

For $20, there are plenty of places you can get a nice meal around Williamsburg. Stop by the Cheese Shop, Lokal, or Oishi for a fun and delicious dinner.

Image from Giphy

If You Have $10

If you have $10, one way to go is with a classic coffee date. Grab your favorite Aromas drink and go for a nice walk around CW for a low-key, but memorable, Valentine’s Day.

Image from Giphy 

If You Have Flex

If by some miracle you have managed to conserve your Flex into the third week of the semester, you have the opportunity for a nice meal with friends at Cosi or QDoba. Pro tip: the Student XChange has all your candy and ice cream needs if you’re looking for gifts for that special someone.

Image from Giphy

If You Don’t Want to Spend Anything

Valentine’s Day puts a lot of pressure on buying gifts and going on expensive dates, but if that’s not your thing, spend the night in! Watch a movie, do some face masks, and just let yourself relax – Valentine’s Day is about spending time with the people who are important to you, not presents and candy. (But be sure to treat yourself to some discounted chocolate on February 15th regardless!)

Image from Giphy

Thumbnail Image from Creative Commons 

Sarah Shevenock is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she served as a staff writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus William and Mary. Currently, she is a National Contributing Writer and Entertainment Blogger. In her free time, she enjoys reading voraciously, watching morning news programs, and keeping up with the latest television and movie news. She loves to talk about anything and everything related to theatre, cheer for her beloved Pittsburgh Penguins, and drink fancy coffee.