Campus Cutie: Hailey Sabol ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Name: Hailey Sabol

Class: Junior (2017)

Hometown: Virginia Beach, VA

What do you do around campus? I am the Chapter President of Alpha Chi Omega, which takes up a large (but very worth it!) chunk of my time. I am also a member of Alpha Phi Omega, the co-ed service fraternity on campus. Additionally once a week I spend a few hours trying not to trip over bricks as I give campus tours for the Admissions office.

What is your favorite thing about W&M? Is it super cliché to say the people here? I have found some of my most rewarding and valued relationships at W&M and I truly love being a part of this community. I am also a big history nerd so my second favorite thing is going to the same school Thomas Jefferson did.

If you could have a job doing anything you want, what would it be? I think I would be a celebrity chef and sit on the judging panel of a cooking show. I enjoy cooking and I really enjoy eating good food, so what’s more fun than having people make food exclusively to your tastes?

Favorite movie: I went on an official “Sound of Music” tour this summer while I was in Salzburg, Austria…. I’ll just leave it at that.

Favorite song: Nothing gets people together like a rousing rendition of “Wagon Wheel”

Wawa or Cookout? This is probably one of the hardest questions out there… Wawa for food, but Cookout for shakes.

Aromas or Starbucks? Aromas, because I live approximately 10 ft. away and what more could you want from a coffee shop?

Most romantic spot around campus: I’ve always thought sitting on the Sunken Gardens on a warm, quiet night looking at the stars is about as romantic as it gets.

Most attractive thing about a person: Confidence and sense of humor.

Dream date: Hmm… a surprise date to my favorite restaurant for dinner and then tickets to see a show, topped off with a walk through the city and ice cream for dessert afterwards

One dating tip you would give to your fellow TWAMPS: Be yourself! There is nothing in the world greater than the feeling you have when you are in love with someone and that someone loves you genuinely for who you are. Don’t ever try to change yourself to try to make something maybe work… when the time is right, you will find someone who loves you for you and that will be that.

Dana Florczak is an English major at the College of William and Mary, with aspirations of being the boss when she grows up. She loves talking about herself in the third person.