Campus Cute: Charles Kelly ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

What is your major? Finance/Chinese

What is your hometown? Belle Mead, New Jersey

What do you do around campus? I am a Vice President in Sigma Phi Epsilon and I worked at Phonathon.

What do you love most about William and Mary?  The people, the friends I have made here are some of the best people I’ve ever met. 

What do you think is the most romantic spot on campus? The most romantic spot on campus is the Chancellor’s Bistro, hands down. Honestly though, it has to be Lake Matoaka, especially at night.

What is the most attractive thing about a girl? A girl’s sense of humor, though killer eyes and a killer smile doesn’t hurt. 

Who is your dream Celebrity Crush? Kristen Kreuk from Smallville. Absolutely gorgeous.

What’s the cheesiest thing you’ve done for a girl? For prom, I bought munchkins and arranged them in a large Dunkin’ Donuts box so they read “PROM?” and I bought a bouquet of flowers. 

What is your awkwardest date story? It wasn’t a date, but I once asked a girl who worked behind the circulation desk of Swem to a date party. I bought her a latte and offered it to her, and she denied it. Thinking she would take it, I got nervous after she refused the coffee, but proceeded to ask her to the date party anyway. She declined and I noticed that she wasn’t touching the cup of coffee so I took it off the desk. When I did so, I was still nervous and shaking and I spilled the coffee on the desk and on my hand, burning myself. Probably the most embarrassing thing I’ve done. 

What is one dating tip you would give to (fellow) TWAMPs? One dating tip I would give is don’t be fake, just be confident and be yourself. Also, if a girl says she doesn’t eat lunch, ever, it probably means she isn’t interested. 
Born and raised in Southern California. Loving the East Coast.