5 Best Shows to Watch on Netflix this Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Whether you’re taking a well-deserved break after midterms or simply looking for ways to procrastinate, Netflix is a college student’s best friend. Here are some great shows to check out this semester…

1. Arrested Development

Jeffrey Tambor (who plays Michael Bluth on the show) is coming to William and Mary March 31st, so now is the perfect time to binge watch (or start over) this witty comedy about a rich family who loses their fortune. You won’t be able to stop laughing or resist clicking Next Episode.

2. House of Cards

The newest (and unfortunately, last) season of this political thriller was just released, so it’s the perfect time to get your dose of Frank Underwood. Whether you are starting from the beginning or have been a fan since the first season, the Underwoods will have you on the edge of your seat (or pillow) with their every move. Since half of the student population is from Northern Virginia, this show is perfect for W&M students.

3. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

This show (co-created by the fabulous Tina Fey) was recently added to Netflix, and it stars Ellie Kemper, who played the role of Erin on The Office. With great writing and a solid cast, as well as a female lead, this show is a must-watch for Her Campus readers this spring.

4. 30 Rock

Speaking of Tina Fey, you should check out her comedy this semester as well. The show didn’t get as much love as it deserved while it was on air, but you can take advantage of its hilarity on Netflix. Fey co-produced and starred, so you know you’ll be laughing at every episode, and this show displays a tremendous amount of female talent.

5. Parks and Recreation

If you’re going to be watching 30 Rock, you might as well check out this sitcom as well, which includes Amy Poehler among its tremendous cast. Parks recently finished its last season, so if you want to watch classic episodes or simply watch the whole series again, it’s the perfect show to enjoy this semester.

Jenna Davis is a sophomore at the College of William & Mary studying government and sarcasm.