20 Clue Week Gifts Under $10

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Clue Week season is upon us and many of us are struggling to make awesome gifts for our Little Sisters, Brothers, and Teammates. Whether you are in a Greek organization or your club has a Big/Little system, here are some awesome ideas to help your Little have the best Clue Week ever! Some of these ideas are great for birthday and holiday gifts too! I have done many of these gifts already and am super under budget. (I would add my own photos but I do not want to give myself away to my Little!)

1. Disposable Digital Camera: Give this to your Little at his/her first clue so she/he can remember the awesome experience and you can see what a great time your Little had!

2. Decorated Corkboard: Buy a corkboard at any office supply store and add your Little’s name, your organization’s symbols, and other doodles with paint and puffy paint.

3. Decorated Picture Frame: Buy a cheap frame at your local Goodwill or Dollar Store and go to town with paints, stickers, Mod Podge, rhinestones, you name it!

4. Initial Letters: Grab a wooden block letter for the first letter or the initials of your Little’s name and add a funky design, using paints, scrapbook paper, or a print out and Mod Podge. This is a great way to use Lilly prints if you cannot wield the brush well.

5. Conversation Jenga: Buy a Jenga kit or random logs lying around and write fun Truth and Dare prompts. This is a great game your Little could bring to parties.[pagebreak]

6. Wooden Door Hanger: Buy a door hanger at your local craft store and have fun with it!

7. Cute Tin Cans: Buy some tin containers at a second-hand store. Usually they are covered with Christmas motifs, so spray paint them and add a few fun, personal touches.

8. Monogrammed Bucket: Grab any basket, trash can, or bucket. Paint a background to the monogram and let dry (I like a quatrefoil design). Print out a stencil of your Little’s monogram and tape it on top of the background color. Trace on the stencil in pen. Remove the paper and paint within the lines you left during the tracing. Perfect! Check out this great site for monogram stencils.

9. Cookies and Cupcakes: You can Flex (Dining Dollars) these treats and use some icing to spell out a cute message!

10. Bleach Pen Shirts: All you need is a shirt and a bleach pen. Write out a funny saying or add a fun design. Leave on for about 15 minutes, then rinse. Wash separately from colors the first time you wash.
[pagebreak]

11. Decorate Clipboard: Snatch a plain clipboard from the Student Exchange and decorate to your heart’s delight with paints, scrapbook papers, and stickers. Do not go too crazy because the surface needs to stay flat if you want all those papers on top!

12. Mason Jar: Decorate a mason jar using tape for stripes. Be sure to cut a small slit at the top so your Little can collect coins for the various penny wars throughout the year!

13. Family Tree: Print out your “family’s” pictures and paste them on a poster board, with your family name at the top and lines explaining the different lines and who is who’s Big and Little. Pretty simple.

14. Sweet Shades: Purchase some cheap sunglasses and puffy paint the sides with your Little’s name, your organization’s letters, or fun nicknames and sayings.

15. Coozy: Target sells fun coozies in the $1 section. Add a little personality and you are set!
[pagebreak]

16. Coaster: Buy some cheap tile coasters and used Mod Podge to add a fun pattern, like your organization’s Lilly print or a design in your Little’s fave colors. So functional!

17. Personalized Drinkware: Get some cheap tumbler cups (3 for $1 at Dollar Tree), wineglasses, and shot glasses and write some cute sayings. Big/Little drinkware is so cute at parties!

18. Origami Paper Bows: This easy craft is fun to add to packaging. If you are not a very crafty person, it could throw your Little off a little if you add a paper bow! Check out this easy tutorial.

19. Ribbon Bows: Make some fun bows for bags, packaging, or hair in your organization’s colors.

20. Flowers and Vase: The perfect gift during your Little’s flower hour! Make sure the vase is tall and big enough for all the flowers! Attach a pretty ribbon around the stem for fun.

All pictures found via Pinterest.com. Her Campus W&M does not endorse any specific organizations.

Harper is a junior at the College of William and Mary, majoring in Psychology and minoring in Marketing. A DC-Area native, she serves as Co-President at Her Campus William and Mary. She spends her summers interning in Marketing. This past summer was spent in New York City working at OppenheimerFunds as a Digital Strategy Intern, and the year before at Gannett working as a Marketing and Promotions Intern in the Social Commerce Division. She hopes to slowly accomplish a few things on her list of ridiculous dreams including hugging a walrus and voicing a named Disney character in a movie.Blog || LinkedIn || Twitter