What Your Favorite Emoji Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

They are the little yellow faces and random little icons that have revolutionized the way we communicate over text. They are there with undying support when words are just not enough. They portray your feelings when you just don’t know any other way how. Yes, they are emojis. We all have our favorite little guy. Here is what your favorite one says about you. You’re the epitome of “b*@ch, please.” You’re one sassy person and you don’t care who knows it. You say over-the-top comments all the time and don’t care about the haters. You’re like Honey Boo Boo of the future. Calm, cool and collected basically describes your life. You have no worries, you go with the flow and “chill” for a living. People think you’re cool and the things you say are always funny. You don’t always have a lot to say, but when you do you’re the life of the party. You troublemaker, you. You’re always causing mischief and probably do and say things you aren’t suppose to, but you always speak your mind. You may also have a bashful side and get uncomfortable easily when someone says something a little raunchy. You closed your eyes during 50 Shades of Grey. You think you’re hot shit. You own all your faults, strengths and embarrassing moments and you crave to be the center of attention. Someone took an embarrassing video of you when you were out? Post a selfie on Instagram? Channel your inner Nicki Minaj when you’re dancing at a party? Yup, you own it all with the confidence of Beyoncè.   You’re a lover not a fighter. You love all Taylor Swift songs and cute lil’ puppies and you’re probably always trying to resolve people’s problems. You’re the go-to friend for advice and wise words. And you probably love pizza too.

You’re #notimpressed. With all things in life. You’re like Kanye, not smiling makes you smile. And you probably have resting bitch face. That is all. You keep it “one hunna” 100% percent of the time. You’ve got the moves like Jagger, you’ve got the swag like Drake, and haters are probably your motivators. “Wasn’t Me” by Shaggy is your life. Spill your drink all over a hot guy? Spill your roomies secret? Say something a little out of bounds? Wasn’t you. Deny deny deny.   You’re hilarious. You’re the class clown and always have people rofl-ing/lol-ing/lmao-ing. You can cheer even the saddest person up and maybe even make Kanye smile. You’re probably an alien and you should probably re-evaluate your life.

#THANKFUL and #BLESSED for these little emojis. I don’t know where I’d be without you. 

I am a senior at UW Madison and third year student in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication. After pursuing a major in Strategic Communications and a certificate in digital studies, I'm hoping to be the next Chelsea Handler or get adopted by the Kardashian clan. When I'm not roaming Madison or doing school work, you can find me being cooler than my twin sister, taking selfies without any shame, or quoting Gilmore Girls on social media. I'm a lover of all things fashion, lifestyle and puppies. I'm so excited about being a writer for Her Campus and hope you enjoy all my thoughts and my attempts at being funny with you!
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!