brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Truth Behind Posting on Instagram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

There is a lot more work that goes into posting on Instagram than you think. From the second the picture is taken to the second the picture posts, there is an entire process to go through. Everyone knows the struggle and it goes a little like this….

I hope this picture actually turns out.

This isn’t even cute enough to Instagram…. *asks friend if you should post*

If I filter and edit this enough it could have potential though…..

*Puts picture through at least 3 filters and editing apps*

Hey I actually look kind of attractive now!

K now I need a super clever caption!

*Thinks about captions for awhile*

Well I guess my favorite song lyric with my favorite emoji will do if I can’t think of anything else right?

I have to post this during the right time otherwise I won’t get as many likes

The perfect time is in five hours though….

Screw it. I worked too hard on this picture to wait that long.

*Posts picture and checks phone every five seconds for likes*

In reality, posting on Instagram takes a lot of effort. From the filter to the caption to what time you should post, a lot of thought goes into it before it even makes it to the feed. But we have to make sure all of are followers know that we look good and have lots of fun all the time, right?SAME KIM.

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!