Never Say Never to The Biebs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

From the day my friend turned to me last summer and told me she had “Bieber Fever,” to the opening day of Justin Bieber’s new movie, I never understood the whole fascination with him.

That is until I went to go see Never Say Never 3Dmyself.  Sure, some of his songs were okay, he was talented I guess, but I never got this whole Bieber Fever concept.

Living in Madison without a car, my friends and I don’t leave campus too much. So when they told me we were going to the movies, I couldn’t wait…until they told me what we were seeing. They dragged me in a $35 cab ride to the movie theatre, and there I sat with my 3D glasses on.

Honestly, within minutes I was hooked. Not only was I hooked , but I cried. Four times. Justin Bieber’s movie is surprisingly one of the most inspiring movies I have ever seen. And yes, I realize how ridiculous that sounds, but it truly is. This kid was drumming like a professional at such a young age, it was probably before he could even read. And the fact that he posted his videos on YouTube and happened to be discovered by a media executive?  It truly is amazing. Sure, the extras of him shooting perfect basketball hoops and finishing a Rubik’s Cube in a matter of seconds were making me think, “Okay, how much more talent can this kid have?” But he is truly an inspiration.

Upon his first meeting with a music producer, he went up to USHER, as a 12-year-old, and asked if he could sing him one of Usher’s songs. After being turned down, he kept pushing. And he pushed until he sold out Madison Square Garden. The best part? He did it all in one year and three days. I can’t think of anything that oozes more talent than that. He can come off as cocky, but really he’s just a confident kid who is following his dreams. I think that everyone, especially girls, can learn from Bieber. Follow your dreams and never give up because as Bieber showed us, anything can happen if you put your mind to it.

If you’ve read this and are dying of laughter, just know that I was in your place once, too. But now I’m dying to go to a Justin Bieber concert. So…will you now never say never? I hope so.