etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Last Minute Spring Break Must-Haves: Beach Vacation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Ladies! SB2K15 is finally here! I am giddy like a little girl just thinking about the beach and the fabulous tan I’m going to come home with. Because of this excitement, though, I always forget crucial things and end up buying them later. No more! Here are a few commonly forgotten things to throw in your bag before you hit the road.

1. Sunscreen

So important! SPF is your best friend when soaking up those rays, and will lead to coming home with tan and not a burn. Who wants to come back from spring break with red skin and zero glow? Not this girl.

2. (Related) Aloe Gel

Who am I kidding, we are all going to fry ourselves in the sun and then regret it later. That’s where aloe vera gel comes in handy. Nothing feels better after a long day in the sun than this cooling gel on your skin. 

3. Chug Mug

Personally, I’m new to the chug mug fad, but apparently all of the cool kids have one. What better way to carry around your booze drinks than in a 24 oz. plastic mug? Bonus points if it says “Life’s A Beach” or some other cheesy phrase on it. 

4. Advil

Hangovers are the worst, and no one wants to be the girl begging her friends for some form of pain reliever after having too much fun the night before. Be prepared—bring your own. 

5. Anti-humidity hair product

If any of you are heading to Florida like I am, the humidity will be at 100% the entire time. Save yourself the hair struggle and bring some anti-humidity product. You’ll thank me later. 

6. Razor

Girls, winter is over and that means we must go back to shaving our legs. I’m sorry but it’s true. It’s easy to forget when it’s hiding in your shower, but so important. If you end up buying a cheap one at a gas station, you might as well buy a box of Band-Aids right along with it. 

7. Face cleansing wipes

Throw some of these in your beach bag and don’t give it another thought. They will save you from being a grease monster after sweating out in the sun all day. 

8. Condoms

You do you, girl. Better safe than sorry. What happens on spring break stays on spring break. Don’t let anyone tell you anything different. Let the fun begin!
Hillary (@hillarybautch) is an aspiring yogi, a writer, an amateur photographer, and the first to offer a witty anecdote. She loves curling up with a good book, but rarely allows herself the time. She is one of "those" morning people and has complete faith in the higher power that is Beyonce.
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!