element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

With cuffing season at it’s peak, and the holiday season spreading all those love vibes, you’re probably thinking to yourself that you need to get your flirting strategy down. And if you’re anything like me, you’ve probably realized that you don’t even know how to do it (most of my flirting consists of awkwardly looking at a guy and giving him my deer in headlights smile). So, I dusted off the old playbook, and I’ve prepared a complete study guide for you guys so that you can get back out there immediately.1. Eye Contact. Whether you’ve got those soft and sensual eyes, or you can give a sharp sexy gaze, this is the easiest tool to use. It’s the first thing that anyone will notice, and is a sure way to communicate that you’re interested.

2. Light gestures. Don’t get too carried away, but having outgoing body language is great. Talking with your hands, a relaxed posture and touching him on the arm when you laugh will lead down the path of romance.3. Be comfortable. Don’t go out of your element to get someone’s attention. If you’re doing something you usually wouldn’t do, it gives off the vibe that you’re inauthentic. It’s also letting them know that what they’re attracted to isn’t who you really are, and I know I wouldn’t want to date someone who thought they were getting anything other than the real me.

4. Be interesting. This goes without being said: don’t hold back on all of the fun and wild details of your life. If you like a sports team, or a specific color of socks, or want to travel to this one exotic island where you’d have to live in a hut, just let it flow. Vulnerability comes off as sexy.

5. Ask questions. This is one of the most flattering elements of a conversation. Showing that you’re truly interested in someone can be clearly evident by simply showing it. Actively wanting to know more about them will lead to some great success, and some great conversations.6. Tease. NOT in the strip-sense. Dating is basically a day spent on safari, either chasing or being chased. And where’s the fun in either of those if it’s an easy chase? Be enticing and involved, but a little detached to leave them wanting more.

7. Go in with a plan. “Just winging it” probably won’t apply here. In the dating world, you have to have even a small idea of what you’re looking for. So before you jump right in, make sure you’ve thought about what your end goal is.

8. Be confident. This is probably one you’re sick of hearing, but it holds strong and true ’til the end of time. You have to jump in with certainty just like with anything else. Knowing that you can do it will help you do it (no pun intended). Look, I get that it’s scary out there. Especially if you’ve gotten knocked down too many times, or have just been out of the game for a while. Trust me though, if you follow these tips and act cool you’re gonna do great, kid!

Olivia is an adventurous sophomore at UW-Madison! She's pursuing two degrees in both journalism and mass communication, as well as literature. Olivia's favorite things about being a Badger is the school spirit, and the ability to always have something new to explore on campus. You can catch her at the Union or a coffee shop on the weekends with her friends!
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!