This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Mother’s day is right around the corner and its time to start thinking about what you’re going to give your mom this year. Although you wish that you could buy your mom the world after all the amazing things she does for you, it can be a little hard to do that on a college budget. In reality though, we all know its is truly the thought that counts when it comes to giving gifts to our moms. Show your mom some love, with these adorable DIY gifts.

Jar of Love

Let your mom know how much you love and appreciate her everyday of the year with this super easy idea.

What you need:

1. A jar

2. Paper

3. Tape

4. Crayons and other items to decorate your jar

5. Scissors

6. A ruler

How to do it:

1. Clean your jar and remove any labels

2. Measure the height of your jar and determine the size of your new “label.”

3. Create a new label with your paper. Then, get creative and decorate it!

4. Tape the label on your recycled jar.

5. Cut out 365 small pieces of paper.

6. Write down 365 things that you love about your mom!

Photo Block

Pictures are worth a thousand words. Celebrate your mom with your favorite pictures in this creative and crafty way.

What you need:

1.        Wood block

2.        Paint

3.        Paint brush or paint sponge

4.        Mod Podge

5.        Card stock

6.        Pictures

How to do it:

1. Determine the size of your wood block

2.  Resize your pictures to the size of your block

3. Print pictures on plain white card stock (don’t use regular printer paper)

4.  Paint your block

5. Spread a thin layer of Mod Podge on one of the block’s sides and on the back of the picture

6. Paste picture onto block and smooth out any wrinkles

7. Paint a thin layer of Mod Podge over the picture

8. Repeat

String Heart

Impress your mom with this super cute string heart that she can hang up at home to remind her of how much you love her!

What you need:

1.     Piece of wood

2.     String or yarn in the color of your choice

3.     Box of Nails and a hammer

4.     Spray Paint-color of your choice

5.     White Paper

How to do it:

1.     Spray paint the wood with the color you picked

2.     Once the paint is dry, tape the white paper onto the wood and draw the heart shape

3.     Nail around the outline of the heart, spacing the nails about an inch apart

4.     Remove the white paper once all your nails are in

5.     Get the string and tie a knot around the head of one of the nails. String the string around the nails. There isn’t a right or wrong pattern! Keep going until you like the pattern you have created.

Make sure to show and tell your mom how amazing she is this mother’s day with these crafty and creative gifts! She deserves it!

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!