This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Finding the perfect jacket for spring is nearly impossible, especially in Wisconsin. One day it’s sunny and 75, and the next weather forecast brings snow back on the table. From my experience, layering in the spring works the best. These comfy jackets are perfect for any spring weather you might encounter.\

Leather Jackets

Leather jackets are edgy, chic, and classic. They are ideal for not only warmer days when paired with a white button down or sophisticated tank, but also chillier days when paired with thicker layers underneath. No matter what you pair it with, a leather jacket is the ultimate statement piece.

ASOS $88 

ZARA $69.90

Forever 21 $37.90

Bomber Jacket

This military-inspired outerwear is a must-have fashion item this spring— it’ll keep you warm on even the cooler days. Throw this jacket on with a pair of jeans, sneaks, and a tee, and you’ll be good to go.

Free People $168

Steve Madden $68

Forever 21 $22.90

Jean Jacket

A good denim jacket can be worn with just about anything— even jeans if you do it right. There’s a reason it’s a classic that just keeps coming back around. Whether it’s worn with a slouchy sweatshirt, feminine dress, or a concert tee, a jean jacket can always be the move.

ZARA $39.90

Madewell $128

H&M $34.99

Raincoat

Imagine this: you’re sitting through lecture in a soaking pair of jeans because you forgot to check the weather. We all know the feeling. We all hate the feeling. A fabulous rain jacket is the perfect solution for these dreary days, so keep your eye out for something a little unique when shopping this season. Think: pop of color.

TOPSHOP $95

Urban Outfitters $79

Madewell $155

Blazer

If you feel like upgrading your closet, blazers are the perfect light layer for transitioning your wardrobe from winter to spring. Not to mention they’re also sophisticated and chic. Skinny jeans and a cropped sweatshirt are a foolproof match.

JCREW $168

TOPSHOP $79

ASOS $53

Track Jacket

If sporty-chic is more your thing, track jackets are a great layer, especially because they aren’t too heavy or too light. You can rock one of these in the springtime while working out or even walking around campus—you’ll feel comfy and cute at the same time. 

ASOS $25.50

Urban Outfitters $90

Forever21 $22.90

Spring seems to come so out of the blue that we barely have time to update our wardrobe. Hopefully this list of jackets will help you to seamlessly transition your wardrobe from the heavy, puffy jackets of winter, to the light, vibrant layers of spring.  

Cate Wilkinson

Wisconsin '20

Cate graduated from UW - Madison in May 2020 with a degree in Microbiology with a certificate in French. She is very passionate about health, wellness, sustainability and communication about these topics!
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!