Campus Profile: Zach Zimmermann

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Profile Zach Zimmermann, who is a member of Fundamentally Sound, UW’s all-men’s collegiate competitive A Capella group! 

Hometown: Mequon, WI

Year: Junior

Major: Strategic Communication

Dream Job: “Something for, like, Google.”

Organization: Beat-Boxer of Fundamentally Sound

What’s your favorite Christmas movie?

The Grinch- Jim Carrey version, hands down.

If you could be any animal, which one would you be?

I’ve always had a thing for wombats. They’re just really cute; always digging around in the dirt and stuff with those little claws.

Do you have any hidden talents?

I can put my foot behind my head; flexibility is my superpower. I’m also good at dropping things and then catching them in dramatic ways when no one is looking.

What’s your coolest college experience?

I don’t know I’ve done a lot of cool stuff…I’m cool, right? I mean, I got a job as a house fellow.

What’s at the top of your bucket list right now?

I want to go to Israel.

What’s your worst childhood memory? (Readers: Prep yourself for this one.)

Okay, this is my worst and best. I was in daycare, running around on the playground and I slipped and busted my knee open. It was bleeding, and I was crying and screaming. The daycare ladies couldn’t get me to chill out. However, one of them knew my favorite snack. She came back with a stick of margarine and popped it into my mouth. I was content and at peace; I’d reached oneness with the saturated fats.

What’s one word to describe yourself?

DOPE           

If you had to eat one thing for rest of your life, what would it be?

Chicken Patties, because I did that for four years in high school, and I was pretty happy with it.

Now that you’ve gotten to know Zach, let’s hear a little about his organization…

What is Fundamentally Sound?

Fundamentally Sound is an all-men collegiate competitive A Cappella group from Madison.

Can you give the fans any advice on how to beat-box?

Close your eyes, pretend you’re a drum, and don’t stop ‘til it sounds good.

What’s your favorite song to beat-box to?

Wherever I Go by One Republic

What’s the best part about this group?

I think it’d have to be the types of arrangements we do in songs in order to convey the emotion. Essentially, we want our audience to feel something and to walk away with the thought that we just changed A Cappella for them.

How can others become involved?

If you want to join, there are open auditions every fall.

*Exclusive tip from Zach*: We’re never looking for any specifics, so, just focus on your best style and range because all we want is the best of whatever you’ve got.

How do you feel about being featured on Her Campus this week?

I am both honored, privileged, enamored, and overwhelmed.

For more Zach, check out Fundamentally Sound on YouTube and Spotify (you won’t regret it)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDtMfs02HN4

Raven is a junior at UW-Madison majoring in Retailing and Consumer Behavior with certificates in Digital Studies and Entrepreneurship. She will be studying abroad at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia the Spring Semester of 2019.Until then, you can find her at any cafe within a two mile radius of UW-Madison watching The Office/ googling photos of Labrador Retriever puppies with a coffee in hand (unless it's monday night because that's reserved for the Bachelor).