Campus Celebrity: Claire O’Sullivan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

May I have a drum roll please for this semester’s first Campus Celebrity, and boy, is she a good one. Claire O’Sullivan’s humor, hotness, and hyperactivity not only made this interview entertaining, but also makes for no dull moments in our room we currently share. I can tell you that Claire lives, dies, breathes Christmas, kettle chips, and showering (3x a day), along with majoring in Marketing and Supply Chain Management, acting as Recruitment Chair in Gamma Phi Beta, and choreographing for Humorology. You can find Claire “getting learnt” in Grainger, “getting turnt” on State Street, and getting burnt in Marco Island.

1. What’s your campus involvement?

Gamma Phi Beta sorority, spreading joy wherever I go

2. Do you have any pets?

The love of my life:

3. Who are your favorite roommates (aside from me, of course)?

See above.

4. What’s your favorite pregame jam?

The Pokemon Theme Song

5. Any notable accomplishments?

I won a preposition competition (who can say the English prepositions fastest) (I won with a record of 4.5 seconds) out of 350 people my freshman year of high school.

I also set the “sit and reach” record of the Presidential Physical Fitness Test 4th grade through senior year of high school. Accomplishments have plateaued since.

6. Guilty pleasure?

Candy, Candy Canes, Candy Corns, and Syrup.

7. Pet peeve?  

Slow walkers and drivers, so most people from Wisconsin.

8. What’s your favorite part of living so close to Chicago?

Not being from Wisconsin.

9. What’s a quote that all should live by?

“Fur pillows are actually hard to sleep on” – Kanye West

10. What’s life like with a dad from Ireland?

I get my fair share of potatoes and “OMG does your dad like have an Irish accent?!” comments.

11. Describe your perfect man.

A combination of Jack from the Titanic, Jay Gatsby, and Jordan Belfort- or a man who is able to act out these roles.

12. There’s a rumor around campus that you can generate Christmas names for anyone. Is this true? If so, can you think of names for Harry Styles, Aaron Rodgers, and Kim Kardashian?

I am biologically a Christmas elf, this is true. And gladly: HarWreath Styles, AarunOverByAReindeer Rodgers,  Kim KarDashingThroughTheSnow.

13. Name 3 things on your bucket list.

1. Be adopted by Beyoncé

2. Star in a Disney Channel Original Movie

3. Be able to rap Twista’s verse in Look At Me Now (Remix)

14. How does it feel to be the first Campus Celebrity of the semester?

Almost as good as passing Accounting 100 but not as good as when Taylor Swift releases a new album.

So there you have it my fellow Badgers, a look into the life of the kindest, “koolest,” kookiest girl I know, Claire O’Sullivan. 

I am currently a sophomore at University of Wisconsin- Madison pursuing a degree in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication.  As Campus Correspondent of Her Campus, Wisconsin chapter I am passionate about current events and can be found browsing any and every article that pops- up on my Facebook newsfeed.