Campus Catwalk: Kate Ness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Campus Catwalk: Kate NessHometown: Elm Grove, WIYear/Major: Freshman/Pre-BusinessCampus Involvement: Alpha Phi, Women in Business member, and Student Retail Association member 

How would you describe your style?Simple, classic, and crisp. I like taking certain trends and then twisting them. I also like taking masculine pieces and making them look feminine and powerful. For example, the classic Oxford shirt paired with heels and a pencil skirt.

Where do you find your inspiration in the fashion world?Pinterest, my sister, and magazines

If there were one celebrity that you would associate your style with, whom would you dress most like? Why and what do you like about their style?I’d have to go with Kate Middleton, because she takes simple pieces and makes them very elegant. Everyone wants her style. I associate her style with mine, because she has classic style that draws attention.

What is your go-to outfit?Cropped pants, flats, and a simple, clean-cut top. I love small gold, accent jewelry and my signature studs. 

What is your favorite fashion season and why?Spring, because you can put on a scarf, wear a tank top, sunglasses, and wear your favorite cropped pants. It’s very Parisian, and I love the feel of not being restricted by a coat. I just like the season and atmosphere in general; everything is pretty!

Why is fashion important to you?My nanny was so elegant. You’d see her walking into a room in her high heels, and everyone would just look at her. She was a vision and has inspired me. I associate fashion with her, and look up to her. She showed me how fashion can make a woman feel confident, and make a statement without words.

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com