toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

BOO! Top 8 Halloween Movie Specials Airing Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

BOO! That’s right, its Halloween time! And what’s better than cozying up on a chilly October night with your roomies and your favorite Halloween classics? Well for me, nothing! Lets look at my list of Top 8 Halloween movie classics airing this month that will no doubt give you goosebumps!

Friday the 13th: A classic American Horror movie series with 12 thrilling films. If you are going to watch this gory and terrifying movie marathon, I would advise some company and a blanket to cover your eyes!

Marathon Airing: Oct 14-16 7pm, 9pm, 11pm AMC

Halloweentown: AHH! My favorite Halloween movies are returning to Disney this week. If you want a throw back to your childhood, grab some friends, bring some popcorn candy corn, and snuggle up to these Disney teen fantasy films.

Marathon Airing: Oct 19th 1:30-6:15pm Disney

Tim Burtons The Nightmare Before Christmas: Now we know this can be misinterpreted as Christmas movie, but look a little closer and you can see that Tim Burton’s musical fantasy is nothing more than an animated, spooky, and scary journey through Halloween!

Airing: Oct 19th 6:25pm ABC Family

The Addams Family: This bizarre, and scary family is coming back to TV! Even though The Addams Family is not what you think of as “evil”, they inhabit a sort of unusual lifestyle not seen in most households. Bring this classic to life and watch with your family and friends!

Airing: Oct 20th 8pm ABC Family

Halloween: Grab a blanket to cover your eyes for this one, ladies! This slasher/horror film is anything but a little scary; frankly, it’s terrifying. This murder story set in a small town in Illinois might give you nightmares, so if you’re really into Halloween, buckle up and get ready to be scared out of your seat!

Marathon Airing: Oct 21st-22nd 8pm & 10pm AMC

The Exorcist: Inspired by a true exorcism of Roland Doe in 1949, this horror film tackles the demonic takeover of a 12 year old girl and the fight her family endures to get her back to normalcy.

Airing: Oct 25th 7:15pm AMC

Beetlejuice: “Beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuice!” this is another Tim Burton classic about a dead couple that haunts their own home. A freelance ghost named Beetlejuice, who from the underworld, tries to scare away the new “alive” tenants from the home, accompanies the couple.  This is a timeless movie that could not be more appropriate to celebrate the Halloween spirit.

Airing: Oct 25th 9pm & Oct 26th 4pm ABC Family

Hocus Pocus: What’s better than a horror movie? What’s Better than a comedy? A horror comedy! Hocus Pocus follows a family of witches known as the Sanderson Sisters who are revived to life on Halloween night with the intentions of killing enough children to stay alive and young. Watch these funny witches and the obstacles they face this October!

Airing: Oct 26th 10pm & Oct 27th 8pm ABC Family

Whether you’re in the mood for a slasher film, fantasy movie, or a horror comedy, October is the month for them all! So grab some snacks, turn on your TV, and get ready for 31 days of Halloween! And watch your back ladies, ‘cause who knows what’s coming…BOO!

**Showings are EST 

Ava Paradise is currently a sophomore at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Journalism and Mass Communication 
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com