7 Apps You Need Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Find yourself constantly on your phone in and out of class? Why not make the best of your time spent with these 7 awesome apps!

Finish This app allows you to list tasks (like your homework assignments, meetings, or chores) that need to be completed. The tasks are arranged into short-, mid-, and long-term categories so the tasks with upcoming deadlines appear first. Not only does this make it super easy to see what needs to get done ASAP, but by completing tasks on time you receive rewards such as coupons for discount food items or other apps and services!

30/30 If you’re looking for a way to stop procrastinating, this is it. 30/30 allows you to set timers for various tasks so you can focus on one thing at a time. Just add what needs doing, set a time limit for each task, hit “play,” and work through the timer. Be sure to include a few short breaks to recharge yourself between all your hard work! 

TumbleOn

Perfect for those breaks between homework, TumbleOn is a 99cent investment in luxury Tumblr browsing. Just log in to your Tumblr account and TumbleOn creates a flow of pictures and GIFs from your dashboard on a Pinterest-like interface. The app lets you post your own photos, save images, and reblog, like, or queue other posts. With TumbleOn you can also look up blogs or tags, view staff picks, and even organize blogs into groups so you can quickly find whatever photo category you want to browse!  

Buzzfeed Yet another way to procrastinate, err take a short break, Buzzfeed provides all the entertainment you need. From hilarious articles mocking our parents to delicious game day recipes and all the quizzes you can think of, Buzzfeed is your ultimate entertainment source! The app allows you to customize your feed, so whether you want more celeb content or you prefer to make your procrastination more productive by reading business and politics articles, Buzzfeed will find something to grab your attention! 

Songza And don’t forget the music! Songza provides thousands of playlists generated based on the time of day, your mood, genres you like and even what you’re doing (cleaning your room, driving to the mall, dancing in your underwear???) Whether you’re studying or getting ready to go out, you need some background tunes to motivate you!

Vinted

Whether you’re hoping to pay next month’s rent with old clothes or build a new wardrobe on a limited budget, Vinted will help you do it! The app is like a trendy thrift store, but online – people create posts for their lightly used clothing items and accessories and they’re sold to you at discounted prices! You can scroll thousands of items based on size, color, brand, or price range, and when you find the perfect item, you buy it directly through the app. The seller will then ship it to you, and don’t worry, Vinted monitors all sales so it’s a secure transaction! For busy college-goers this app saves time and money, not to mention if you start selling your old clothes, that’s extra cash flow for you!

Hooked Because we all know you’re sick of the generic dining hall food and eating elsewhere gets expensive, you need to download Hooked. The app allows you to access deals at local restaurants for a set time frame. Each deal appears as a “hook” that you simply show to the cashier or your server to get things like a free side, drink, or a discounted menu item! Hooks update frequently so be sure to check the app anytime you’re heading down State Street!

Lily R. Hansen, a 2017 UW-Madison graduate, served as a managing editor of the HC Wisconsin chapter beginning her sophomore year. An avid reader and writer, Lily also has a passion for live music and breakfast foods.  
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com