10 Things You Probably Don’t Need To Know About The Final Four

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

With the Final Four right around the corner, there’s an extra spirit on campus this week. And by that, I mean it seems like no one is concerned with anything other than our amazing Badger basketball team. If you’re completely lost on how March Madness works, I can’t help you brush up on your basketball terminology, but here’s ten fun facts to entertain you as you count the minutes until tip-off.

1. The 2014 men’s basketball team measures a total of 103 feet and 3 inches combined. That’s taller than the last year’s Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree.

2. The last (any only) time the Badgers won the NCAA Championship, the Soviet Union was still a thing.

3. If Ben Brust had one dollar for every three pointer he’s scored, he could buy this bag for some lucky lady (me).

4. Kentucky and Wisconsin last played each other in 2003, the year that Ruben Studdard won American Idol.

5. Freshman guard, Riley Dearring, hails from Kim Kardashian’s least favorite city, Minnetonka, Minnesota, home of her ex-husband, Kris Humphries.

6. The last time the Badgers were in the Final Four, Destiny’s Child’s “Say My Name” was the number one song in America (March 2000).

7. Bo Ryan shares his birthday with one-hit-wonder singer, JoJo, and Superbad star, Jonah Hill.

8. Freshman guard, Jordan Hill, went to high school about 10 minutes away from the Rose Bowl Stadium in Pasadena, California.

9. Frank Kaminsky is two feet taller than Kourtney Kardashian.

10. Monica and Chandler got married the same year that Bo Ryan started coaching at University of Wisconsin-Madison (2001).

As Madison prepares for the biggest Game Day of the year, it’s guaranteed to be an insane weekend. In the wise words of Sam Dekker, “It doesn’t really matter how big you are, it just matters how much you want it and how much you’re willing to fight for it,” and our boys (and our fans) are definitely willing to fight! On, Wisconsin!

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com