Winthrop University Students React to Starbucks’ Unicorn Frappuccino

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Starbucks recently released the Unicorn Frappuccino, a pink and blue drink that features mango and sour flavors. The drink is popular because it is only here for a few days, and it is so pretty! It seems that everyone has had to try it and post their cute pics of the blue and pink drink on their Snapchat stories, their Instagrams and their Facebook pages. However, students at Winthrop University did not find the drink to taste as good as it looks. 

Eleanor Weldie, a sophomore at Winthrop, says, “It tastes like sour candy and I love it. Not a go-to, but def worth trying!”

She also had a lot of fun with the Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino Snapchat filter.

Ali Maclay, a freshman at WU, also enjoyed using the Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino SnapChat filter, but did not like the drink. Ali says, “It is a dissappointment to unicorns.”

Catherine Lowe, a senior, says, “Um no. I wanted a Unicorn Frappe, not a purple drink,” after her blue and pink drink changed to purple.

I asked a few other Winthrop University students what they thought of the drink. Sarah Berry, a sophomore, said, “It was literally the worst.” Morgan Armstrong, a junior says it was good, but he wouldn’t drink the whole cup. Some hate it while some don’t mind it. However, it seems that there aren’t many students at Winthrop who absolutely love the drink. Most students love the colors, but not the taste.

Here’s hoping the next new Starbucks drink is a little better, even if it isn’t named after everyone’s favorite mythical creature.

Allison is a sophomore at Winthrop University where she majors in English and has a concentration in Secondary Education. On campus, Allison is very involved-she is an Honors student, Admissions Ambassador, and a member of Her Campus Winthrop, Baptist Collegiate Ministry, and Ratio Christi. Allison loves her family and friends very much, and tries to spread the love of Jesus wherever she goes. In her free time, Allison loves to travel (Paris, France is her favorite!), read classics like Pride and Prejudice, and drink iced coffee while binge-watching New Girl on Netflix. Follow her on Instagram to see her attempts to be artistic @allisondsnipes
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.