Tanner Schreiner: Driven to the Max

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Name: Tanner Schreiner

Hometown: Monticello, MN

Major: Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation

Year: Senior

Meet Tanner, a cardiopulmonary rehabilitation major and the Assistant Director of Prentiss-Lucas Hall.

Her Campus (HC): How did you come to choose Winona State?

Tanner Schreiner (TS):  This was the first campus I toured, and when I was here I enjoyed my visit and was very impressed with the surroundings that Winona had to offer. I toured a few more campuses after Winona but I knew that WSU was the right choice for me.

HC: How did you come across the cardio rehab major and what does that major do?

TS: I had heard of the major from a friend who was in the major at the time. I ended up getting connected with the head of the major, Dr. Teresa Lee, and was instantly hooked with what the major had to offer.

HC: What is your favorite thing to do in / as part of the cardio rehab major?

TS: My favorite part of cardiac rehab is being able to help patients reach their goals with their health and wellness. It can be very scary for someone to go through cardiac rehab after a cardiac event, so it is a very fulfilling role to have.

HC: You are the Assistant Director (AD) of Prentiss-Lucas Hall this year. What does that mean and what are some of things you do in the position?

TS: The Assistant Director of a residence hall on campus is a supervisor position that is offered to students within WSU Residence Life. Some of the roles and responsibilities are conducting interviews for desk assistant positions (DA), hiring DAs, supervising the DA and RA staff, maintaining front desk operations, and the list goes on and on.

HC: What is your favorite part of being an AD and do you have a favorite memory from being an RA last year?

TS: My favorite part of being an AD is being able to lead and mentor a staff who are a hardworking and successful group of people. My favorite memory of last year was being able to watch 34 residents grow and become successful students at WSU.

HC: What else are you involved with on campus?

TS: I am currently a part of the cardiac rehab club, which is a great time. I highly recommend anyone who wants to join the club to join.

HC: Do you have anything(s) that you are passionate about?

TS: As my staff and anyone around me knows, I really enjoy crossfit. I have been training in crossfit for almost 11 months now and I’m also entering in my first few competitions in the summer. I have also been water-skiing since I was 6 years old. So I am very passionate about wakeboarding, skiing, wakesurfing and barefooting.

HC: What is your favorite (motivational) quote/who inspires you?

TS: I have a couple of quotes that inspire me, first being from Muhammed Ali: “Imma show you how great I am,” second being from Rich Froning: “The human body is an incredible machine, but most people only get out of that machine what their mind allows them to,” and lastly I’m not completely sure who to credit this quote to: “Knowledge is power.”

Tanner is a driven individual who is motivated to put in all his effort into whatever he is doing, and that is something that a person should always try to do.

Meet Linsey Taylor, one of the campus correspondents for the Winona State Her Campus chapter. Linsey is a senior majoring in Therapeutic Recreation with a minor in psychology and hopes to become a child life specialist with her degree. In her free time, Linsey enjoys reading, watching Netflix, and hanging out with friends and family.
This is Gabriella Ingebrand: Junior at Winona State University majoring in Advertisement. She is a master when it comes to wasting time on Pinterest and making a mess while baking in the kitchen. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Winona, President of Dream Closet Winona, Communication Specialist for AdFed, and Social Media Chair for her sorority. All in all, Gabriella is a free spirit always trying to have a good time.