20 Signs You Go To WSU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

1. You instantly delete the WSU Update email as soon as you see it in your inbox.

2. You’ve raced to Rochester in-between classes to get that ever so desired, mouth-watering Chipotle burrito you’ve been craving.

3. You have stumbled your way to MC’s/Shydes/The dirty to end your night breaking it down and dancing like a fool.

4. You’ve woken up on a Wednesday counting down the hours until you can indulge in some delicious wings from ZaZas.

5. You’ve had to reinstall Respondus Lockdown Browser every time you taken a quiz or a test in class.

6. You’ve had the debate whether to eat in the caf or the smaug a million times.

7. You’ve spent your Thursday night at Gabby’s celebrating dollar rails in the classiest way possible.

8. You have heard multiple debates about both the Vikings and the Packers and know all about the border battle.

9.You’ve failed miserably to register for classes, especially if they are required for your major.

10. You’ve been to Garvin Heights to capture that perfect picture with friends, and again when your family comes to visit.

11. You check your email specifically to see if class is canceled due to snow or cold.

12. You have taken full advantage of university improvement day/assessment day whether it be school related or not.

13. You’ve seen your professor around town and engaged in awkward small talk; most likely on the day you skipped their class.

14. You’ve heard numerous complaints about how hard the nursing program is.

15. You have been late to a class because of the train, or missed the shuttle from West Campus.

16. You’ve had an asthma attack after walking up the three flights of stair in Somsen, no matter how good of shape you’re in.

17. You’ve been told to put your computer away in class even though Winona is a “laptop university”

18. You have used your school issued iPad for school purposes less than 5 five times.

19. You have traveled the distance to Lacrosse to experience shopping other than Target.

20. You’ve loved every minute of your time here, met tons of new friends, learned a lot, partied alot and never want it to end.

Haley is a senior at Winona State University studying advertising and Studio Art, she is originally from Madison Wisconsin; Haley attended Winona State for a change of scenery. Her favorite food is hummus, which she likes to enjoy while binge watching Law and Order SVU. Her style and life icons include Kat Von D, Tyra Banks, and Audrina Partridge. Her favorite movie is Super Star, which happens to include one of her favorite actresses Molly Shannon. In her free time Haley likes to do her part to save the environment and enjoy tropical drinks. Haley also has a passion for art and design, which she believes you can see anywhere.
Miranda is currently a Winona State University senior studying mass communication with an emphasis in advertising and is also pursing a graphic design degree. In addition to being Winona State’s Campus Correspondent, she is also the president of WSU’s Advertising Federation club. When she’s not busy binge watching One Tree Hill for the umpteenth time, you can find her working on her longboards, which she creates from scratch. She is a Diet Coke addict and indie music enthusiast filled with passion and imagination. She plans to get out of chilly Minnesota to find internship opportunities after graduation.