This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

We all want strong, healthy locks, but they can be hard to achieve if you don’t know the right products or tools to give your hair that coveted silky sheen.  Check out these super helpful hair hacks listed below to achieve maximum #hairgoals and get your hair looking fresh AF all day everyday!

Use a Clarifying Shampoo (once in a while!)

Change up your shampoo game with a clarifying shampoo that will remove the build up of products used on your hair, restore the natural pH balance of your hair, boost your hair’s volume and rejuvenate and refresh your locks, all at the same time!  Hack Tip: You can make your own by pouring a bottle of club soda over your hair while you’re in the shower. It sounds funky but the soda acts like a clarifying shampoo and will totally do the trick!

Use a Leave-In Conditioner

Definitely get your hands on a leave-in conditioner if you have super-thick, unruly hair like me!  Ever since I bought one it has worked wonders on my frizzy locks and I have been praising it ever since!  Only use a leave-in conditioner every other day or every 3 days so you don’t strip your hair too much!  Hair Hack:  You can pick up a leave-in conditioner at any drug store for just a few dollars!

Swap your Hairbrush

Switch out your plastic hairbrush with a wooden one – you would be surprised as to how wooden hair brushes distribute hair oils to keep your hair from drying out.  I’m definitely going to try out this hack for smoother strands!

Argon Oil is a MUST

I use argon oil religiously!  It does absolute wonders on repairing split ends and leaves your hair smelling so yummy!  Head on over to your local drugstore and get your hands on this product ASAP.  Make sure to focus the product on the ends of your hair for maximum damage control!

Cheat Voluminous Hair

Need big hair fast?  Dry shampoo is your best friend!  Spray dry shampoo onto your hair roots and massage it into place.  Your hair will look bigger and fuller without the use of a teasing comb!  Your hair will thank you for this, trust.

Fly Away Fly-Aways

Got pesky fly-aways?  Smooth your hair into place using products that smooth and strengthen your hair at the same time.  Check out natural beauty outlets, like Lush Cosmetics, to find products that will save your hair from fly-aways!  My holy grail product from their hair-care range is called Hair Custard.  I smooth it over my hair after I blow-dry or straighten it to get that perfect silky-smooth look everytime- no fly-aways in sight!

Hope these hair hacks help you strengthen and shine your lovely locks!  All the best (to you and your hair) Collegiettes!

Wilfrid Laurier Student who loves anything and everything related to fashion, beauty and lifestyle. Constantly living life though the wise words of fashion icon Coco Chanel, who preaches, "In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.