Top 7 Guilty Pleasure Christmas Songs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

The holiday season is right around the corner. Yes, this means final essays, exams, numb fingers and heavy snowfalls. Don’t look so glum, chum, we’ve compiled a list of our top guilty pleasure Christmas songs that are guaranteed to keep your holiday spirits up as the semester winds down.

Justin Bieber: ‘Mistletoe’

“It’s the most beautiful time of the year, lights fill the streets spreading so much cheer. I should be playing in the winter snow, but I’mma be under the mistletoe.’

It’s the one song you hate to love. Don’t try to deny it, it’s not your fault just a catchy tune.

Glee: ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’

“My mother will start to worry. Beautiful what’s your hurry? My father will be pacing the floor. Listen to the fireplace roar. So really I’d better scurry. Beautiful, please don’t hurry. But maybe just half a drink more. Put some records on while I pour”

Collegiates, it’s cold outside. I’ll always cherish this version of ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’, Kurt and Blaine from Glee really pulled this song off, and they were absolutely adorable doing it! Instead of studying I’m sure we’d all be up for half a drink more.

Mariah Carey: ‘All I Want for Christmas is You

“I just want you for my own. More than you can ever know. Make my wish come true. All I want for Christmas is you. You, baby!”

The one Mariah Carey song that you can probably sing by heart. Still working on the high notes, but getting there!

Michael Buble: ‘I’ll Be Home For Christmas’

“Christmas eve will find me. Where the love light gleams. I’ll be home for Christmas. If only in my dreams.”

Or, the entire Michael Buble Christmas album, either works. This jazz musician’s Christmas music is sure to get anyone in the holiday spirit.

Madonna: ‘Santa Baby’

Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing, a ring. I don’t mean on the phone. Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight.”

Madonna singing Santa Baby. It’s something you have to listen to at least once.

Jackson 5: ‘I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause’

“I did! I really did see Mommy kissing Santa Claus, and I’m gonna tell my Dad”

Well Michael, perhaps if you’d stayed in bed you wouldn’t have had such a confusing and somewhat traumatic experience.

Straight No Chaser: ‘Text Me Merry Christmas’

It’s new and it’s catchy. You’ll be singing this tune in your sleep before you know it. Enjoy!

What’s your guilty pleasure Holiday song?  Tell us on Twitter

Chasya Dove

Wilfrid Laurier

English and Communications student at Wilfrid Laurier University with a passion for my city. Discovering Waterloo, ON has become my hobby from music festivals, arts shows, local restaurants and hidden coffee spots this place has got it all! With my passion for photography I strive to capture the moment, while learning that sometimes it's best to just let things be.
Andreia McLean

Wilfrid Laurier