This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Danielle Wong is a Toronto born and raised Golden Hawk with a passion for city life, fashion, travel, and entrepreneurship. Only in her second year at Laurier, Danielle has many executive titles to her name, and a bright future ahead.  We sat her down before the rush of the new semester to learn a little bit more about this bright and sexy lady.

Name: Danielle Wong

Program: BBA

Age: 19

Year of Graduation: 2017

Hometown: Toronto

Relationship Status: Single

Toronto or Waterloo?

There’s always so much going on in Toronto and I love exploring different areas (The Brickworks, Distillery District, Yorkville, Queen West, etc.), but I love finding hidden gems in Waterloo like independent coffee shops, record stores, and vintage/consignment stores. They both offer so much, so it’s hard for me to decide. I’d probably go with Toronto because I was born and raised there, but I’m lucky I get to live in both cities throughout the year.

What’s one goal you would like to accomplish before you turn 25?

I’m currently reading “Off Track Planet’s Travel Guide for the Young, Sexy, and Broke.” I’d love to travel across the world. Paris is the #1 place I want to visit, but I hope to cross off a majority of the destinations I want to go to off my bucket list before I turn 25. However, if I can’t travel, or even if I do have the opportunity to travel, I want to start my own business. Hopefully I will get to start next year, since I plan on doing the Laurier LaunchPad program. I think those two goals go together because ultimately, my goal is to build a life I won’t need a vacation from.

What is your New Year’s resolution?

Live a healthier lifestyle physically and mentally.

How are you involved at Laurier?

I’m currently Vice President of Marketing at Startup Laurier, an on-campus club focusing on entrepreneurship and innovation. It’s inspiring seeing people create something they are passionate about, which can really change the way we see and do things. I’ve gained so many connections, experiences, and skills, which I would not have had if I didn’t join this club. Besides Startup, I am a Laurier Campus Ambassador for Communitech, on the Marketing Team at The Social Innovation Project, and I play intramural dodgeball with my floor from first year. We actually won our league last semester, which was a huge accomplishment since we came in last place in first year!

Pet peeve(s)?

When people, especially Americans, say cities like Toronto, Canada or Montréal, Canada. If we can recognize their states, then they should recognize our 10 provinces and 3 territories. Also, when people who are in the GTA such as Scarborough or Markham, but not from Toronto, say they’re from Toronto.

Celebrity fashion inspiration?I grew up with my mom’s influence. She took fashion design in university, as well as her friend who actually “made it” in the fashion industry, so I’ve always had a deep interest for high fashion. I’d like to say my style is very diverse, so some days it’s simple and minimalistic, some days it’s more preppy or casual, others is a little more polished, so I have many celebrities who I take fashion inspiration from! I admire Alexa Chung, Leith Clark, Mira Duma, Jenna Lyons, Emanuelle Alt, Olivia Palermo, and Poppy Delevingne. Also, Marie Antoinette if she counts as a celebrity. I could talk about fashion forever!

Favourite date spot?

A surprise! (But I’m always down if there’s food involved).

How do you feel about being featured as this week’s Her Campus Cutie?

I was really excited when you asked me to be interviewed because I think Her Campus has some great articles from feminism to food and (of course) interviews. I feel honoured, really. I guess that means I’m cute, right?

Her Campus is excited to see what amazing things Danielle will accomplish this New Year. She is definitely our strong female lead character; we’re cheering for you Danielle! 

Chasya Dove

Wilfrid Laurier

English and Communications student at Wilfrid Laurier University with a passion for my city. Discovering Waterloo, ON has become my hobby from music festivals, arts shows, local restaurants and hidden coffee spots this place has got it all! With my passion for photography I strive to capture the moment, while learning that sometimes it's best to just let things be.
Andreia McLean

Wilfrid Laurier