lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Having a Crush on Someone as Told by Brooke Davis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

First of all, having a crush on someone seems like the most juvenile thing in the entire world. I have a crush on a guy right now and I literally HATE it. I feel like I’m in the 10th grade again wondering whether or not he likes me back. I thought I grew out of this stage, but NOPE. I have tried to articulate how much I hate everything that I’m feeling, but I can’t. Brooke Davis, on the other hand, totally gets it. (Highkey she gets everything about my life.)

When you start liking a person…

Creepin’ up on him and all his social media all day long.

When you hang out with him for the first time…

Listen here, boy, it would be very helpful if you just fell in love with me real quick. Thanks.

After hanging out…

Literally nothing. I don’t understand anything. I am so confused. I kind of hate you.

But then something happens…

Honestly, I’m just more confused. You’re acting like nothing happened. SOMETHING HAPPENED.

You start to question the whole thing…

I have irrational fears stuck in the back of my head about his why he does what he does and whether or not he means what he says.

But then you realize you’re a damn prize…

In the words of B. Davis herself, “He should be so lucky!”

At the end of this rollercoaster, all is well…

Because ain’t nobody need more than their best friends to get them through the day.

Having a crush on someone is annoying because you don’t really get a choice in how you’re feeling. Go ahead. Ask your crush how he feels, or tell him you feel. Honestly, anything is better than wondering. (If my crush reads this though please know it would be HELLA HELPFUL if you helped a girl out with some COMMUNICATION.)