6 Interior Design Trends That Will Upgrade Any Room

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Ever heard the classic saying “home is where the heart is”? No matter how crazy your life might feel, there is nothing more relaxing or rewarding than coming back to a beautiful space at the end of the day. Whether you’re a full-on interior design aficionado or a rookie in the game of haute homes, there are a few major design and decor patterns that are impossible to ignore. Dying for a few fast and easy ways to make your dorm look a little more magazine ready? These on-trend design ideas are about to become your new obsession…

1. Lucite Chairs

Quite possibly the new classic when it comes to seating, lucite chairs are currently one of the most coveted interior design staples around. Not only do these contemporary-meets-classic clear chairs add a feeling of space to small areas, they are also incredibly versatile. You can put a lucite chair at your desk, in your bedroom, in your kitchen – literally anywhere! You can purchase one of these chairs from Indigo for only $90!

2. Gold Antlers

Kate Spade is a huge source of inspiration when it comes to feminine and fun fashion, so it comes as no surprise that the ritzy, glitzy Manhattanite company also sets the trends when it comes to home decor. Add a rustic feel to your wall with everyone’s favourite new Kate Spade inspired art: gold antlers! These are purchasable online from Wayfair for $102!

3. Succulents

Low maintenance and lots of fun, succulents and terrariums are seriously on-trend if you’re looking to add a little extra dose of funky to your desk or dresser. Add a fashion-forward flair to your green little garden by potting your cacti collection in painted pots with coloured rocks. You can find succulents from most local grocery stores in the garden section, or from Ikea for just $3.49 a pot!

4. The Flip Clock Screen Saver

It’s practically impossible to go on Tumblr without seeing a computer with an all-black screen and white numbers. The classic flip clock screen saver is a favourite of bloggers and internet trendsetters due to its crisp, classic aesthetic. Get this look for FREE by downloading your own screen saver from Fliqlo – voila! Now your laptop is totally on trend.

5. Crepe Paper Tassels

If you’re a girly girl who wants to add an element of whimsy to your bedroom, you have to have crepe paper tassels! These gorgeous and celebratory tassels are the perfect way to glamorize your bedroom or office. Purchase them online from etsy or DIY them in order to get the look!

6. Couture Candles

There is no better way to make your room cozy and cute than with a candle. Not only will they leave your room smelling magical, but the glass packaging will instantly upgrade the look of any bedside table or desktop. This is one indulgence you may not be able to live without! Some of the best smelling candles out there are from the Voluspa brand, which are available from Indigo, ranging from $10 to $30!

If you’re a girly, feminine and sophisticated girl, these interior design trends are truly a must! Classic, timeless and completely chic, these special touches will make your space feel very vogue.

Want more HCW? Check us out on social media!

FacebookTwitterInstagram

This is the contributor account for Her Campus Western.