This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

I’ll start by prefacing this – I was pretty strange as a child. In grade three I convinced my adult mother to cut her hair short ‘because Victoria Beckham’ did it… and she listened. I regularly sited Perez Hilton as a worthy news source in grade school. I even tried to name my dog after Paris Hilton’s until my much more intelligent father intervened. But the mecca of everything – celebrity in the early 2000s was People magazine. Once in a while they would do a segment called ‘Whats in my Purse’ (PLEASE tell me I’m not the only one who remembers these). The premise was simple – some celebrity would dump out the contents of her pretty designer purse and show what she carries around every day. At that naive time, I thought it made celebrities seem more relatable (“Celebrities … They’re Just Like Us!”) and quirky. Now I realize that they were actually riddled with product placement, and Lindsay Lohan, or whoever the 2000s star was, probably had her poor assistant remove all of their crumpled receipts, old pieces of gum and straight up garbage, that I strongly believe every grown woman has in the bottom of her bag.

Young Amanda was obsessed with these articles, and aspired to be important enough to (a) one day own a purse (b) have People magazine write about said purse (note – at this point, I was still under the assumption that my voice would change drastically as I got older, and would improve until I became a pop star. Fun fact – it did not.) Ten years later, I’m abusing the power I hold as a Her Campus writer to interview myself, along with some of the other girls, about what’s in our purses.

Amanda Jones

Contents: a million glittery pens, an embarrassing large amount of restaurant candy, Sweet & Low sweetener (just in case!), children’s advil – because I can’t swallow pills! , an (empty?) flask, a Valentine’s day my boyfriend gave me last year, a Lilly Pultizer journal that I would definitely die without, an American Apparel sweater & treats for my puppy, Beats Wireless Headphones that regularly make others think I’m talking to myself, Miss. Dior mini perfume, glasses (otherwise I’m blind as a bat), a calculator – my stats prof would be so proud, a Pinch mini emergency kit, and too many Gerard Cosmetic’s liquid lipsticks

Elisa Yoo

Contents: glasses (same as Amanda’s – obviously great mind think alike!), an adorable hot pink Kate Spade wallet, keys, MAC lipsticks, sunglasses, a phone charger, Trident gum and R2D2 (Her Campus girls ❤️ Star Wars)

Kellie Anderson

Contents: EOS lipbalm, a Western lanyard that I’m sure 99% of students lost after the orientation week in first year, a super cute Her Campus keychain, a Vera Bradely wallet that came in our latest HC Survival Kit, an empty wine bottle (I won’t ask!), a smaller Michael Kors shoulder bag, and, most – importantly Banks, the cat.

Ella Purtill

Contents: crumpled receipts (keep it real girl!), loose change, Ikea pencils, loose English pounds, a stylish black wallet, a Chapter coupon, and a single tic tac.

Ariel Vaisbort

Contents: a computer, a planner, a waterbottle, assorted vanilla lotions, 500 pens, a headband, a combo lock (she don’t know the code to!), and a calculator even though she’s not in a math class!

Livie Lin

Contents: a Louis Vuitton wallet, a stylish black bow clip, a phone charger, vitamin c packets, lip balm, real (adult!) Advil, glasses, lollipops I took from Jack Astors, rollerball perfume of Elizabeth and James Nirvana white.

Amanda is a National Intern, Style and Beauty Blogger and a Chapter Advisor for Her Campus. She is doing a double major in criminology and sociology at Western University. She is a proud member of Alpha Gamma Delta - Zeta Chi chapter, and makes 99% of her decisions based off of WWEWD (what would Elle Woods Do?). Follow her on instagram @amanda_h_jones, and listen to her talk about makeup *a bit* more than usual at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m-7cOzh_oI&t=237s
Kellie Anderson is incredibly proud and excited to be Western Ontario's Campus Correspondent for the 2015-2016 year. She is currently in her fourth year of Media Information & Technoculture, and has an overflowing passion for creative writing. While Kellie loves to get wildly creative while writing fictional short stories, she has found that her true passion is in shedding light towards hard-hitting topics like Mental Illness - she believes that writing is the best healer. Kellie has some pretty BIG plans for her future and can't wait to graduate as a Her Campus Alumni! You can contact her at kellieanderson@hercampus.com.