free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Profile: Lyla The Dog

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Age: 2 years old

Program: Eating treats

Hometown: The Cornfields of Ohio

Relationship Status: committed to my nap schedule

Tell me about yourself and all the things you do at Western:

I like to chase squirrels and birds, eat treats, and nap on the couch. I swallowed a sock once, and they never found it, so that’s cool. I run like a horse that has no control over it’s limbs, and I think I’m sneaky when I try to eat the food off your plate.

What did you like most about your major?

Eating treats is something that has always interested me, and it wasn’t until I realized that I could get them if I did “tricks” that I really became committed. That’s when I discovered my passion.

What was your favorite thing to do in London?

Well, there’s this park and there are always other pups there and I like to go there and run around like horse and try to get other dogs to play with me, but they’re all afraid of my size which makes me sad but then I just keep running and I get people to pet me and I drool on them, and I like that.

What are your plans for the summer?

My grandparents live in Oregon, so I’m going to go there and run around with my aunt and uncle, and maybe we’ll eat some treats if we’re good.

Do you have any mottos that you live by?

“In dog beers, I’ve only had one.”

Do have any guilty pleasures?

My mom always gets mad when I eat the cat food, and then she says I’m in trouble, but I don’t feel bad about it, so I don’t know if it’s a guilty pleasure.

What’s your favorite thing to do in your spare time?

I got this bone last week and it’s so cool, I picked it out at the store myself, it was my reward for being good in the bath, and I’m really into that right now, working on chewing that bone.

Where is the best place you have travelled to?

Last summer, I went on a road trip across the states with my grandparents, and that was cool. Lots of really quality nap time, which I enjoy, so I think that was pretty cool.

Ariel graduated from Western University in 2017. She served as her chapter's Campus Correspondent, has been a National Content Writer, and a Campus Expansion Assistant. She is currently a Chapter Advisor and Chapter Advisor Region Leader. 
Kellie Anderson is incredibly proud and excited to be Western Ontario's Campus Correspondent for the 2015-2016 year. She is currently in her fourth year of Media Information & Technoculture, and has an overflowing passion for creative writing. While Kellie loves to get wildly creative while writing fictional short stories, she has found that her true passion is in shedding light towards hard-hitting topics like Mental Illness - she believes that writing is the best healer. Kellie has some pretty BIG plans for her future and can't wait to graduate as a Her Campus Alumni! You can contact her at kellieanderson@hercampus.com.