This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Okay, we all know Freddie Prinze Jr. movies are a great way to spend a Saturday night. Watching the classic kiss-in-the rain, star-crossed lovers walk into the sunset and that happily ever after scene that makes you go “gee, I wish that could happen to me!” Well, just because it happened in a movie certainly does not mean that you cannot bring that favorite romantic comedy scene to life! Here are a few suggestions that will give you premature ventricular contractions (make your heart skip a beat), trap butterflies in your tummy and make you giggle until your jaw hurts in our lovely city, London.

Lighting of the Lights

Every year in the heart of downtown at Victoria Park the entire estate is lighten up prior to Christmas. This park of bliss radiates like the stars when the lights go on, to bring in the holiday spirit. You can bundle up and sip on a warm, delicious, hot chocolate as you countdown the days ‘till Christmas. Tip: City hall allows you to go to the rooftop and view the entire city, as it is being lighten up with colorful lights. There is no better way to feel the holiday spirit and bundle up beside that person you care about.

Covent Garden Market

Why fly to France when you can have taste of Paris at, Petit Paris here in London Ontario? The Covent Garden offers food from around the world, that at sight will have your tummy grumbling. Every time I go to the Covent Garden I feel the inviting atmosphere that is associated with this wholesome market. There are people indulging in homemade ice cream, baked delights and just about any food that comes to mind. Rather than going to the usual chain coffee shop or restaurant, try something new, as you indulge in food from around the globe.  There are benches inside and outside the Coven Garden where you can sit, relax, eat and chat as you admire the inviting colors of the fresh food.

Nature Walk

One cannot fathom the beauty of Western Ontario’s campus. Every time I walk through campus I am in awe by its exquisiteness especially during the fall months. There is something about taking a stroll on campus that allows one to feel tranquility. The historical architecture at Western makes me proud to be a mustang. Hidden behind Elgin Hall is nature trail along the, Thames River that is perfect for strolls. As you are walking along the trail you can admire the changing colors of the leaves, as you listen to the rush of the river. If you are lucky you may even encounter a little fury friend, perhaps a rabbit or deer. This is a lovely place so why not have lovely memories there? I can assure you that taking the time walk through the campus trail will have you admiring its beauty instantly.

Pza Pie

Located at the center of Richmond and Oxford is my personal favorite London gem, Pizza Pie. I can honestly say it is one of the best wood-oven pubs I have ever been to.  On a student budget, it is an affordable restaurant with an inviting, casual atmosphere. Pizza pie is always hopping with groups of friends satisfying their craving for Italian cuisine. If you are legal this is a great place to indulge in a homegrown Labatt beer (as long as you keep it tasteful).  The homemade style pizza and cozy atmosphere will have you singing “its amore!”.

There are plenty of places around the city where you can recreate your own rom-com scene.  Over all, you might be surprised on how lovely London can be. Check out these places if you’re single to grab a good friend and enjoy, indulge, most of all- smile.