3 Unexpected Valentine’s Day Looks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Valentine’s Day is next week, which means it’s time to get all the pink from your wardrobe and put together a super feminine look for everyones favorite holiday. I however am not a fan of the kind of expected Valentine’s day fare. I am less into incorporating hearts into outfits, instead using the typical colors of Valentine’s Day (pinks, blushes, nude hues, etc.) to create interesting, unexpected outfits still reminiscent of the holiday.

Black & Red All Over

This look is inspired by a more edgy take on the usual Valentine’s Day fare. Instead of pink, I decided that a rich tartan red pattern paired with a black blazer and chunky heeled boots conveyed the romance of Valentine’s Day with a bit more punk-y flair. 

Pink & Fluffy

This look is a lot more pink than the other. Instead of going for a more understated romantic look, this pink pleather skirt and fuzzy cotton candy-esque cardian, and black chunky heels for a full on super pink feel. It may seem like it’s a bit much, but I think this outfit is perfect for someone who likes statement fashion and a feminine motif.

Forest Green Mom Jeans

I love love love the combination of forest green and a soft blush pink together. The soft, flowy pink blouse adds the perfect bit of Valentine’s Day goodness to the outfit and in this cold Pafific Northwest weather this forest great jacket is truly a must have. The top of this looks is quite bold, but high waisted Mom jeans and nuetral converse really tone down this outfit. 

I hope you liked these Valentine’s Day outfits!

College Sophomore. Anthropology and Arabic major. Harry Potter (and pop culture) nerd.