Why You’re Excited for Thanksgiving Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

AQUARIUS (JANUARY 20 – FEBRUARY 19)

With all the deadlines and due dates impeding on you, you’re definitely ready for a break. You love being able to escape the constraints dragging you down, and those five beautiful days where you can do whatever you want sounds SO good right now. Hang in there, girl – you’ll be free in no time!

PISCES (FEBRUARY 20 – MARCH 20)

College is super great because it opens you up to so many new experiences and people. However, we all reach a point where we just need to detach from all that’s going on. You deserve to catch up on your sleep from working so hard for so long. Enjoy it!

ARIES (MARCH 21 – APRIL 20)

The stress of the past few weeks has started to take its toll. You’ve been cooped up too long only focusing on school, so Thanksgiving’s the perfect time for you to be your active self! Going for a run with your siblings or even merely competing to see who can grab the last roll on Turkey Day itself will do wonders for your mood, and by the time you get back, you’ll be rejuvenated and able to smoothly sail on to winter break.

TAURUS (APRIL 21 – MAY 21)

College is always such a fast-paced and ever-changing journey, and Thanksgiving Break is your excuse to finally veg out and do absolutely nothing except eat all the glorious food. No exams, no worries. Just you, your pet, and that TV show you can finally binge-watch with zero guilt. What could be better?

GEMINI (MAY 22 – JUNE 21)

Thanksgiving Break is your perfect opportunity to do all the things you’ve been wanted without the pressures of grades looming over your head! Ice skating, road-tripping, or even seeing if you can eat all the raw cookie dough are finally realistic goals. For those few days, the world is your oyster – or, rather, your turkey.

CANCER (JUNE 22 – JULY 22)

Few things can make you happier than being with your fam, and now you finally get to do just that after what seems like forever. Arguments with your brother won’t seem as bad, and you’ll be grateful for your mom’s constant prying and concern for you. It’s almost too much to have to wait to see them, but don’t worry – it’ll be here before you know it!

LEO (JULY 23 – AUGUST 23)

Though you’ve made tons of awesome new relationships (whether platonic or romantic), there’s something about seeing your old pals that warms your heart like no other. You can’t wait to see your chumps from high school and see how they’re doing. Inside jokes, hilarious stories, and meaningful conversations await you next week. Soak it in!

VIRGO (AUGUST 24 – SEPTEMBER 23)

You’ve gotten so bogged down all the details that’ve gone wrong that you’ve lost sight of all that’s gone right. Going home this week with time to yourself and those who care about you will remind you that you really do have so much to be thankful for.

LIBRA (SEPTEMBER 24 – OCTOBER 23)

With the exception of Black Friday, nothing is more peaceful than Thanksgiving. Even with all the hustle and bustle to get this cooked or that decorated, you’re ready for the chill vibes of merely being at home and being surrounded in harmony with your family. College is chaotic, so I totally get it – embrace the calm while it lasts!

SCORPIO (OCTOBER 24 – NOVEMBER 22)

Sometimes it can be hard to fully trust the people around you, but no one knows you better than the friends and family waiting for you at home. You can’t wait to be able to vent to them about all that’s been happening and bask in their comforting presence. As a Scorpio myself, I 100% relate!

SAGITTARIUS (NOVEMBER 23 – DECEMBER 21)

Monotony can become an issue when you do the same thing every. single. day. BUT Thanksgiving will shake up all of that! You’re in dire need of something new, so hop on that plane or drive on home because there may be some surprises waiting for you at home!

CAPRICORN (DECEMBER 22 – JANUARY 20)

Though you’ve made your own happy traditions at college, Thanksgiving is one you can’t bear to miss. From Mom’s mashed potatoes to arguing whether Christmas should be only played after break’s over, this holiday will give you the chance to meld back into a lifelong routine you’ve wished for in the past few weeks.

Of course, the one thing all of these have in common is that all of you are more than pumped for break, and so am I! Have a great Thanksgiving!!

by Abigail Anderson

gifs: giphy.com

Washington University Class of 2019. College of arts and sciences, Psychology major with a minor in Design