Official Ranking of Vegetarian Meals at the DUC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Hello internet. This week I decided that I am going to be a vegetarian. However, I have been a loyal fan of the vegetarian station at the DUC for some time now. Here is my OFFICIAL RANKING of the best vegetarian options the DUC as to offer. Trattoria Verde moves only ppl!

5) Pesto Gnocchi. The pesto gnocchi falls within the top 5 because who doesn’t love carbs. It also comes with an AMAZING side salad that I would highly recommend. However, I ate this meal too many times last semester and ruined it for myself. Also it has mushrooms. Your call.

4) Quiche. I’m not normally a quiche fan but the convenience of this meal is so real. It’s perfectly portioned and is so easy to take on the go. It also comes with amazing breakfast potatoes that are #protip essentially the fries from Ibby’s, but at a much cheaper price!

3) Vegetarian Mac. Some people are scared of ordering the vegetarian mac because it is simply not mac and cheese and that’s confusing to some people. However, this is the easiest customizable meal and you can definitely make it your own by adding beans, onions, cheese, and sour cream.

2) Cheese Enchiladas. This classic really hits the spot for a warm, vegetarian comfort meal. Obviously beware if you are lactose intolerant. The sides that come with this meal are also great; perfectly seasoned rice and a fruit salad with mango!

1) Quinoa Bowl. Quinoa bowl days are the best days according to me and basically all of my friends. It’s a quinoa base (which sounds boring but TRUST), but the sauce and add-ins (like roasted broccoli) really make this meal addicting. You will feel like the actual epitome of health when you eat this, and it tastes amazing. Go try it ASAP.

By Claudia Gorman

giphy.com

Wash U class of 2021; Majoring in Psychological and Brain Sciences with minors in Art History and Communication Design.