This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Meet Renaissance man, Henry Cummings. You’ll find him either winning games on the soccer field or winning women’s hearts with his serenading singing voice. As a vital member of the both the men’s soccer team and The Stereotypes All Male A Capella Group, Henry is an involved and passionate member of the Wash U community. Oh, and he likes to meditate.

Hometown: Shorewood, Wisconsin.

Grade: Freshman.

Potential Major: music and business.

When did you first get interested in singing? My older sister sang in high school, and I wanted to follow suit and see how I liked it. I was in middle school when I first joined chorus.

Do you take voice lessons? Yes. I started taking voice lessons starting in high school.

What is your favorite song to sing? Wow. There are a lot of good songs. Probably some kind of musical theater song.

Any reason in particular? Musical Theater is my favorite genre because I grew up with it. Plus, I love musical theater people. They are a very unique group of individuals.

What musical groups are you involved in at Wash U? Well, I’m in Stereotypes Acapella. I’m also taking voice lessons for an hour a week.

Have you had a solo with the Stereotypes yet? Yes, I sang “Sound of Silence” by Simon and Garfunkel.

What is your favorite kind of singing? I love classical singing because if you learn the singing technique through classical signing, then you can sing any kind of genre.

Do you think you’ll sing for the rest of your life? Yes. Ideally, it would be my job.

What is your dream job? I want to be an opera singer in New York City.

What are your other hobbies? Learning new instruments, playing soccer, mediating.

Meditating?! Yes. Well, I meditated for the first time two days ago, and it was really fun. You focus all of your energy on one thought and then you get lost in it. It’s so relaxing.

Do you actually sit in the meditating position? It totally depends on whatever is comfortable. I like to lie on my back. It’s pretty much glorified sleeping.