Combat The Winter Blues With These Netflix Shows

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

It’s the dreariest time of year. The air is freezing. School is picking back up. The onset of seasonal depression is upon us. Being social, studying, even getting out of bed, are all tasks that – coming from someone writing this article lying down – have become extremely uninviting. So, instead of being productive, I present to you a list of amazing shows that you can binge watch on Netflix! Thought you’d seen them all? There’s more…

1. The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Tina Fey’s Netflix child is perfect for the guy or gal who can appreciate the artistic beauty of the following musical number: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6yttOfIvOw. The show opens right when Kimmy Schmidt escapes an oppressive cult with which she has been living underground for 15 years, and follows her as she re-assimilates into society.

2. 30 Rock

“I want to go to there.”

3. Breaking Bad

If you haven’t already seen it, you’ve heard about it. So what are you waiting for?

4. Arrested Development

Hehe.

5. Mad Men

This period show is critically acclaimed for all sorts of stuff, but if nothing else, you’ll enjoy the drama.

6. House of Cards

Just watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se44ed4KBMA

7. Friends

Rewatch Friends in sequence rather than in out-of-order-re-run format!

8. That 70’s Show

It will surprise you how many episodes you can watch in a sitting.

9. American Horror Story

If you are a fan of horror this is the show for you. Each season has a different narrative and set of characters.

10. Master of None

If Aziz Ansari won your heart in Parks and Rec watch him be hilarious and awkward all on his own.

Lizzie is a sophomore, majoring in Film and Poli Sci at Wash U. She loves sloths, pizza, Tina Fey, and pizza! 
Rachel is a junior in Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis. When she's not using her status as a twin as her obvious fun fact, she'll probably tell you that she loves photography, concerts, travel, Buzzfeed, and slaving over clever Instagram captions.