4 Ways To Show Your Friends You Appreciate Them

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

There is a quote floating around the internet that I really enjoy. “A friend is like a good bra: hard to find, comfortable, supportive, always lifts you up, makes you look better, never lets you down or leaves you hanging, and always close to your heart.” While I am always one to enjoy a good boob analogy, I appreciate this sentiment. Good friends are literally (and by literally I mean figuratively) the tits. They deserve some lovin’ for all the goodness they bring to our lives. Here are five ways we can show our awesome friends that we appreciate them:

1. Write a funny story, joke, or compliment on a post-it note and leave it for them to find. (It’s like a surprise friendship scavenger hunt clue.)

sistersbra.files.wordpress.com

2. Bring them a snack out of the blue. Friends love snacks.

addictionhope.com

3. List them as your significant other on Facebook. This shows your friend – and the world – that your love is true.

huffpost.com

4. Make a plan for the two of you and surprise them with it. Examples: go to a concert, make dinner reservations, buy late night movie tickets, plan a hike, explore a new part of town, take a fun class, etc.

favim.com

Lizzie is a sophomore, majoring in Film and Poli Sci at Wash U. She loves sloths, pizza, Tina Fey, and pizza!